Not so fast. Utah's not going anywhere.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Not so fast. Utah's not going anywhere.

Post by imuakahuku »

stuckinbig10country wrote:
Mars wrote:
kitic77 wrote:I think the last 10 days have seen an awful lot of poor journalism. "Unnamed sources said..." "According to sources close to the situation..." "Anonymous sources with knowledge of what's going on behind close doors are reporting that..." Anonymous sources should be the last resort not the modus operandi.
Yeah, mcgregor, he's talking to you! ;)
McGregor has been right so far. He also has been smart enough to point out that everything can change in 5 minutes.
I think it was a good natured jab at Mac.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

All I know is that during the greatest decade in Utah Football history from 2000-2009, they went 1-6 in games played at PAC10 schools. And the sole win was in 2004 when Utah ran the table and Arizona finished 3-8.

In that same time span, BYU went 2-4, so not awesome either, but better. Makig the leap to PAC10 schools may not see a change from the MWC with home games, but is a MAJOR difference for road games. Utah may get in, but history shows they are likely to be middle of the PAC most years since they do not win away games (neutral field not included, since conference games are never neutral field games).

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

If Utah is middle of the road their fans will lose interest. If BYU keeps winning they will keep their recruiting edge once the novelty wears off of Utah's new invite.

Look at what BSU has done for their program in the WAC under the current system. BYU can do this as well in the MWC. Even without an auto bid if we plow through our conference we are probably going to get to a bcs game. Utah is going to have a harder time getting their now.

I don't think everybody should be so worried about BYU and what will happen with them just because Utah is going to the Pac 10. BYU is going to be fine and it may even end up better for them to stay where they are.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

imuakahuku wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote: McGregor has been right so far. He also has been smart enough to point out that everything can change in 5 minutes.
I think it was a good natured jab at Mac.
I think we all realize that if mcgregor began naming his sources he wouldn't have any sources anymore with which to give us the scoop.

We all wish he posted more, but we're also all very happy with what he does give us.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

If Utah dominates the PAC-10 that would show that the MWC deserves an AQ bid.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I don't have any inside information. But it is my belief that Utah to the PAC-10 is a very new and recent development. I don't think they were any were as close as they were on Sunday than they were three months. I think the entire Utah to the PAC-10 was a quick development with the PAC-10 scrambling to get to the 12 teams after the Texas-bid fell through over the weekend.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!