Larry Scott stopped in S.L.C. before going to Texas and OU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Larry Scott stopped in S.L.C. before going to Texas and OU

Post by BigCougsFan »

Larry Scott has made a few stops to "hand deliver" invites to Texas, OU, etc... Before all those stops, looks like he stopped in Salt Lake City.

Anyone know anything about this???

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2010/6/13/ ... arry-scott

CORRECTION:
Larry Scott's airplane went to Salt Lake City on the 11th(Friday) AND the 3rd(Thurs.)
Once before Pac's invite to Colorado, and once since then.

GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore

Re: Larry Scott stopped in S.L.C. before going to Texas and

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

"Flightaware.com tracked Scott's plane to Salt Lake City on Friday, however it was only on the ground for 35-40 minutes."
http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=12642678

Seriously, the jokes just write themselves!!! Even the Pac-10 Commissioners know how well the Utes pump gas! If he had to fill up somewhere between the west coast and Kansas, SLC and the Utes know it best!!
:utard: :utard: :utard: :utard: :utard:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

Yes, but on the 3rd. He stopped for almost 4 hours.

GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

Way to ruin the joke, Big...

Really, all I know about the situation is what I poached from rumorboard. According to one poster there, the plane is actually owned by a big Oregon booser, and was loaned to Scott for the trip on the 11th, so it wouldn't even have been Scott on the 3rd. I'm too lazy to actually substantiate any of this (largely because I care so little - amazing how little I care about Utah now that I'm away from the state, don't have to deal with them. Remember, they don't exist outside of Utar...). I just thought the joke was funny.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

this has been discussed endlessly. It is impossible within the realms of time that any "meeting" took place. Unless the Pac-10 has some sort of drive-by invitation booth set up in the middle of SLC.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

"We'll soon discover how good a salesman and "closer" Pac-10 Commissioner Larry Scott is; he was in College Station, TX this morning to meet with Texas A&M officials, and ostensibly to deliver in-person an invitation to join Scott's expanding conference. Scott was to have visited all five targeted Big 12 schools by the end of the weekend... Having visited with reps from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State on Saturday, then Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Texas on Sunday, Scott's plane was headed for Kansas City Sunday night. KU home Lawrence, KS is just outside of Kansas City." http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=11154600

"Sources close to the talks between the Big 12 and Pac-10 say Kansas has moved ahead of Utah as a candidate to replace Texas A&M on the Pac-10's invite list." ~Chip Brown, Sat. the 12th
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1093756

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Wow. Who would have thought Scott was getting so desperate that he would be talking to. Weber State?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

If the Big 12 does break up, BYU needs Texas A&M to go PAC10, and it is really that simple. That keeps Utah in the MWC, and allows us to try to add 2-4 teams from teh Big 12. Adding Kansas and Missouri would be nice, though not sure I really want Missouri. But Kansas and Baylor would be great, then maybe K-State and Mizzou to get to 14.

Worst case is the Big 12 breaks up, and A&M goes to the SEC, seeing Utah to teh PAC10. Utah will get beat often, which will be nice, but they will also make about $20M a year more with the deal, and I do not want to see them get that coin.

Y 4 Ever
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Y 4 Ever »

Lawboy wrote: Worst case is the Big 12 breaks up, and A&M goes to the SEC, seeing Utah to teh PAC10. Utah will get beat often, which will be nice, but they will also make about $20M a year more with the deal, and I do not want to see them get that coin.
Plus, they'd have more recruiting advantages over us. As much fun as it would be to watch them get smacked around by USC et al, it would still suck for Kryle to be able to walk into a recruit's home and say "sure, you could go to BYU and play Wyoming and New Mexico...or you can come to the Hell on the Hill and play USC, UCLA, and Oregon, and maybe even play in the Rose Bowl!"

We'll probably lose 3 or 4 recruits to them every year JUST because they're in the Pac-0

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

33311710 wrote:
Lawboy wrote: Worst case is the Big 12 breaks up, and A&M goes to the SEC, seeing Utah to teh PAC10. Utah will get beat often, which will be nice, but they will also make about $20M a year more with the deal, and I do not want to see them get that coin.
Plus, they'd have more recruiting advantages over us. As much fun as it would be to watch them get smacked around by USC et al, it would still suck for Kryle to be able to walk into a recruit's home and say "sure, you could go to BYU and play Wyoming and New Mexico...or you can come to the Hell on the Hill and play USC, UCLA, and Oregon, and maybe even play in the Rose Bowl!"

We'll probably lose 3 or 4 recruits to them every year JUST because they're in the Pac-0
I agree with that. The diehard BYU fans will still go to BYU, but the kids who are on the fence might go the other way. And the core of our program is LDS kids. Of course, if we keep winning, and Utah starts losing, I think kids will want to play for the winner more. So over time it might balance out, but at first, we might see an effect.