Utah,,,CRAP

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
sage
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Utah,,,CRAP

Post by sage »

I was soooo hoping the B12 would just ignore Utah's requests to join. They are so bad to have around. I would have so much preferred to have them relegated the G5 again for at least as long as they looked down their noses at us once they were included in the big boys league. Now there is no getting rid of them. I am verrrrrrry disappointed. Slime will follow us again... even though they did everything they knew how last time when we weren't invited to push us down as much as possible, even sabotaging arrangements that had nothing to do with them. This is a sad day.

jadesroom
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Utah,,,CRAP

Post by jadesroom »

No doubt about it. BYU was the biggest loser in this round of realignment, even more than Oregon St. and Waxhington St. because we were finally rid of the utes but now we have lost all the recruiting advantages that we would have gained. In addition, Utah will receive a full share and remain financially better off the BYU.

Sucks is too soft of a word to describe our situation.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

At times I felt a little petty for wanting Utah to crash and burn and to have to either crawl to the MWC or go independent. But, then I remember how arrogant their fans were when they joined the PAC-12 and we went independent.

The only good thing for us is that we will have much closer teams to play. I am really going to miss all of the old regional conferences. Now they are just money conferences.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

It was a missed opportunity for us. Now we will a major battle each year with them. Looking forward to the next Holy War.

Also they come in with a full money share. We will have one year -2024 with a partial share.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

I don't get the consternation - Utah has proven itself to be a Power 5 school. They were always going to get an invite to a P5 conference.

As far as money shares in the conference - who honestly cares? It's not our money. It's not like any recruits could give a rip as to how much TV money a school takes in a given year.

I'm more of a glass half full guy. Utah fans are stuck knowing that Utah's Absolute BEST option was to apply to, and get accepted by, BYU's conference. They wanted to join BYU and BYU voted them in. Utah fans have to live with that, which should be much more distressing than BYU fans feelings on the situation.

Looking back to Utah's invitation to the Pac 10, what it actually got that school was an invitation into BYU's conference. Bless their little hearts.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I've heard a rumor that the tv partners are not paying any extra money for the last two teams. If so the payout drops from $31.7M down to $27.7M. I hope that is not true.