If TySon Had Not Gone Down

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

If TySon Had Not Gone Down

Post by BoiseBYU »

Would our record have been different last year?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: If TySon Had Not Gone Down

Post by SpiffCoug »

Yes. We likely beat Toledo and Hawaii at a minimum.

Against Toledo, Wilson doesn't have to make a bad read followed by a bad throw downfield leading to game changing INT that changes the season when then gets hurt making the tackle.

Against Hawaii, I like my chances to convert a 3rd & 2 with under two minutes to play to seal the win.

That alone makes the season a success as we finish at 9-4.

And he likely changes the USF game as well. There's a decent argument that a healthy Ty'Son and BYU wins 10 games last season.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

SpiffCoug wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:38 am Yes. We likely beat Toledo and Hawaii at a minimum.

Against Toledo, Wilson doesn't have to make a bad read followed by a bad throw downfield leading to game changing INT that changes the season when then gets hurt making the tackle.

Against Hawaii, I like my chances to convert a 3rd & 2 with under two minutes to play to seal the win.

That alone makes the season a success as we finish at 9-4.

And he likely changes the USF game as well. There's a decent argument that a healthy Ty'Son and BYU wins 10 games last season.
Maybe - but I'm not convinced that BYU beats BSU with Wilson as the QB

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Sigh. We will never know of course. Stewart convinced him to come and he was special. Hard to blame coaches for his injury. To me the WA safety took a cheap shot that injured him. In some ways coaches really are at the mercy of things beyond their control. Such is life I suppose. I think we win Toledo and USF and HI too.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

I think we win at least three more with him. Toledo, USF, and Hawaii. I think 50/50 with SDSU. We only scored 3 and they only scored 13 so with him running in the backfield and performing better than what we got, would it have been enough to open up the offense more. D did enough to win it. We had three trips inside the 10yrd line and came away with 3pts. Had one turn over on downs and had one drive that ended in a punt that had a 1 and 5. Could have ended the season 11-2. Oh well. ;)