I am not impressed

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
sage
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I am not impressed

Post by sage »

I am very unimpressed with BYU coaching. I find it amazing we gave this coach an extension. The only justification I can think of for that is that consistency generally makes for a more successful program, therefore searching for a new coach just puts that back that much further. But Sitaki is so out coached so often, and even on the games we win, his decisions do not seem to be the deciding factor.

We just lost a bowl game from not coaching to our strengths. We out weighed Hawaii by 60 pounds at least, and still can't move the ball consistently on the ground. We don't make first half adjustments when they are needed. The announcer was explaining how poor we were coached in both the first half and the second half, and I mostly agreed with him.

I am very disappointed. I luv FB. I want to play well. But this coach doesn't have the necessary knowledge to coach D1.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: I am not impressed

Post by SpiffCoug »

Since Kalani is our coach the next four years, he must fire Tuiaki to give me any semblance of hope he can improve.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:26 pm Since Kalani is our coach the next four years, he must fire Tuiaki to give me any semblance of hope he can improve.
When you drop 8, get four sacks, but still give up almost 500 yards passing, something is seriously seriously messed up.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Hawaii looks like a fun team to cheer for...

Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Sammich »

sage wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:16 pm I am very unimpressed with BYU coaching. I find it amazing we gave this coach an extension. The only justification I can think of for that is that consistency generally makes for a more successful program, therefore searching for a new coach just puts that back that much further. But Sitaki is so out coached so often, and even on the games we win, his decisions do not seem to be the deciding factor.

We just lost a bowl game from not coaching to our strengths. We out weighed Hawaii by 60 pounds at least, and still can't move the ball consistently on the ground. We don't make first half adjustments when they are needed. The announcer was explaining how poor we were coached in both the first half and the second half, and I mostly agreed with him.

I am very disappointed. I luv FB. I want to play well. But this coach doesn't have the necessary knowledge to coach D1.
The worst part is that in the second half we WERE moving the ball on the ground with good results, and then on 3rd and 2 with a chance to end the game, we throw. Not to put the whole game on that one play, but it was an accurate representation of the general mismanagement of the game.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

It's amazing to me how many people on Twitter are defending Kalani. There are some pretty vocal Kalani supporters. Guy is barely above .500. If only my professional performance was based on how nice of a guy I am.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Gunk wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:01 pm It's amazing to me how many people on Twitter are defending Kalani. There are some pretty vocal Kalani supporters. Guy is barely above .500. If only my professional performance was based on how nice of a guy I am.
Those people make me sick. And couldn't really care less about whether we win or not. The only Kalani holdout at this point should be his mom.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I've said since the Utah state game that I was hoping that Baylor Romney was going to start the rest of the year. I really feel if he had BYU would have won out. Unfortunately, Kalani got his extension the second he got his 6th win this year and now he doesn't feel that urgency to win so he went back to his "guy" in Wilson. I understand that the defense gave up a ton of points against hawaii but IMO, Wilson and his turnovers were the difference.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:59 am Hawaii looks like a fun team to cheer for...
I never cheer for a Nick Rolovich coached teams. I have too many bad memories of what he did to BYU in 2001.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:07 am
BroncoBot wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:59 am Hawaii looks like a fun team to cheer for...
I never cheer for a Nick Rolovich coached teams. I have too many bad memories of what he did to BYU in 2001.
72-45. I'm glad I was in Ukraine for that one.