Chris Peterson just stepped down as Washington's Head Coach

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Chris Peterson just stepped down as Washington's Head Coach

Post by SenorCougar »

Our problems are much deeper than coaching. Neither Chris Peterson, Urban Meyer, nor Nick Sabin could be successful here. The Board of Trustees is not committed to success.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

SenorCougar wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:00 pm Our problems are much deeper than coaching. Neither Chris Peterson, Urban Meyer, nor Nick Sabin could be successful here. The Board of Trustees is not committed to success.
Bronco averaged 9 wins per year here under the current restrictions, making less money himself and for his assistants. Better coaching would give better results. The problem is, 9 wins wasn't good enough for the same boosters that are now in favor of extending a coach averaging 6 wins per year.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:33 pm
SenorCougar wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:00 pm Our problems are much deeper than coaching. Neither Chris Peterson, Urban Meyer, nor Nick Sabin could be successful here. The Board of Trustees is not committed to success.
Bronco averaged 9 wins per year here under the current restrictions, making less money himself and for his assistants. Better coaching would give better results. The problem is, 9 wins wasn't good enough for the same boosters that are now in favor of extending a coach averaging 6 wins per year.
Totally agree. The schedule hasn't been harder, independence isnt a factor, injuries have happened with both coaches. The bar is lower now (for boosters at least), plain and simple.

TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

Has the schedule been harder?

I have no agenda here, but I do think the schedule has been harder for KS compared to Bronco. In terms of teams heading to bowls or win/loss totals, maybe I am wrong but it seems the schedule has been harder. Hence, a 9 win Bronco team is perceived differently from a 7 win KS team.

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:36 am Has the schedule been harder?

I have no agenda here, but I do think the schedule has been harder for KS compared to Bronco. In terms of teams heading to bowls or win/loss totals, maybe I am wrong but it seems the schedule has been harder. Hence, a 9 win Bronco team is perceived differently from a 7 win KS team.
That argument only holds water in a year when the team hasn’t lost to USF, Toledo, and A super ugly loss scoring only 3 against San Diego State. The losses to Washington and Utah are painful, but fine. But saying that Sitake’s schedule difficulty is high is irrelevant when he’s losing to the weak teams in the schedule.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Sammich wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:30 pm
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:36 am Has the schedule been harder?

That argument only holds water in a year when the team hasn’t lost to USF, Toledo, and A super ugly loss scoring only 3 against San Diego State. The losses to Washington and Utah are painful, but fine. But saying that Sitake’s schedule difficulty is high is irrelevant when he’s losing to the weak teams in the schedule.
Very good point.

Likewise, Kalani beat good teams. He's just a bad coach.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel