San Diego State game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: San Diego State game thread

Post by frdbtr »

a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:01 pm
frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:57 pm
a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm Wilson had to throw that 1 second before he should have, the line didn't block and he had no choice it was high and the receiver hadn't even turn to look until the ball was there. But everyone will blame Wilson.
Throwing the ball up for grabs should get blamed on the QB every time. Wilson does that a lot, and our offense pays for it most of the time. Baylor Romney makes better decisions than wilson and it isn't even close. I will take a smart QB over arm talent every day of the week.
I agree but on that play it wasn't all on Wilson. The oline has been owned by SDSU dline tonight.
Long's defensive philosophy is to bring it from everywhere and try to confuse the offensive line. It works. It is up to a smart QB to figure out where the heat is coming from and get the ball out fast to the right spot. It works because we saw teams to it against Bronco's defense quite a few times while Bronco was still here. Wilson just doesn't do that, even against less confusing defenses.

blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by blue42 »

a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:06 pm I wish I could see the wide angle view of the field to see if the receivers really are being covered this well.
I feel lucky when they can show the actual play on the field

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:07 pm
a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm Wilson had to throw that 1 second before he should have, the line didn't block and he had no choice it was high and the receiver hadn't even turn to look until the ball was there. But everyone will blame Wilson.
Throwing the ball up for grabs should get blamed on the QB every time. Wilson does that a lot, and our offense pays for it most of the time. Baylor Romney makes better decisions than wilson and it isn't even close. I will take a smart QB over arm talent every day of the week.
I agree but on that play it wasn't all on Wilson. The oline has been owned by SDSU dline tonight.
Long's defensive philosophy is to bring it from everywhere and try to confuse the offensive line. It works. It is up to a smart QB to figure out where the heat is coming from and get the ball out fast to the right spot. It works because we saw teams to it against Bronco's defense quite a few times while Bronco was still here. Wilson just doesn't do that, even against less confusing defenses.
Again I agree but when the linebacker is in your face 2 seconds after you get the ball you have to throw the ball. The receiver hadn't even looked back for the ball when it was flying over his head. The line has to be able to know where the blitz is coming from as well as the QB. He was given no chance on that play. I get it you don't like the coaches or the starting QB. But not everything is Wilson's fault there's 5 guys in front of him that have to take some of the blame on that play.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Did BYU practice this week at all? 2 missed chip shot FG's.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

They switched kickers to a kicker who looked worse. 3 points and only gave up 13. Unreal!

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:15 pm Did BYU practice this week at all? 2 missed chip shot FG's.
They looked like a team who thought everyone had the same talent as Umass

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:14 pm
Again I agree but when the linebacker is in your face 2 seconds after you get the ball you have to throw the ball. The receiver hadn't even looked back for the ball when it was flying over his head. The line has to be able to know where the blitz is coming from as well as the QB. He was given no chance on that play. I get it you don't like the coaches or the starting QB. But not everything is Wilson's fault there's 5 guys in front of him that have to take some of the blame on that play.
I don't have anything against Wilson at all. I just think he is not the best Qb on the roster and yet our coaches still don't pull the trigger and start the best guy. I couldn't care less on one play. Wilson has been bad all game long, 1 play is just a microcosm of the whole game.

blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by blue42 »

a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:14 pm
It certainly can be Empey is calling the wrong protection at the line of scrimmage. That was something Karoma was very good at.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

I'm not a smart guy, but this is not a formula for winning.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:19 pm I'm not a smart guy, but this is not a formula for winning.
100% agree.