ABC or ESPN?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: ABC or ESPN?

Post by EM_Puma »

snoscythe wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 am
EM_Puma wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 am Interesting that Detroit area gets UCF vs Pitt, while ALL the rest of Michigan gets the WA vs BYU game. Somehow, if they were going to carve out areas of the map, if I had the decision, I would have carved out Tennessee to the WA vs. BYU game. I'm sure their still trying to feel better about themselves and every win BYU has, especially over ranked opponents, makes them feel all the more better. Believe me, I feel their pain (Puketah)
I think Detroit gets BYU on ABC.

The green area in Michigan looks like it is just the greater-Toledo broadcast area. Detroit is farther North and East.
I didn't magnify the area and you appear correct. Then even more, I'm sure the Toledo populous, that are U of Toledo fans, would rather see a future opponent that someone from the AAC or ACC. That's MAC country. But...I'm a little interested in seeing UCF to get a gauge for what kind of team they are as they are leading the competition for that NY6 bowl game.

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: ABC or ESPN?

Post by BlueK »

EM_Puma wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:15 pm
snoscythe wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 am
EM_Puma wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 am Interesting that Detroit area gets UCF vs Pitt, while ALL the rest of Michigan gets the WA vs BYU game. Somehow, if they were going to carve out areas of the map, if I had the decision, I would have carved out Tennessee to the WA vs. BYU game. I'm sure their still trying to feel better about themselves and every win BYU has, especially over ranked opponents, makes them feel all the more better. Believe me, I feel their pain (Puketah)
I think Detroit gets BYU on ABC.

The green area in Michigan looks like it is just the greater-Toledo broadcast area. Detroit is farther North and East.
I didn't magnify the area and you appear correct. Then even more, I'm sure the Toledo populous, that are U of Toledo fans, would rather see a future opponent that someone from the AAC or ACC. That's MAC country. But...I'm a little interested in seeing UCF to get a gauge for what kind of team they are as they are leading the competition for that NY6 bowl game.
Just a guess, but they have to draw the line somewhere, and I wonder if what they're trying to do is to have roughly equal numbers of US households on each side of the line for the benefit of the advertisers. or something like that. Who knows though.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...