USC game thread.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: USC game thread.

Post by SenorCougar »

Riley Nelson on the pregame show opined that rushing 3 and dropping 8 back into pass coverage gives you an advantage in numbers. He reasoned that the 5 offensive lineman have to stay back and block and the QB isn’t a receiver either, BYU would in essence be covering the 5 eligible receivers with 8 defenders. In that passing scenario, we had the numbers to help offset the talent level.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I thought BYU's defense did a good job of confusing the USC QB. There were moments they showed zone and switched to man. Pressure was actually good to, even when only bringing 4. Tonga ate his man alive. I have no idea why they didn't double team him. Biggest mistake of the day for USC.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

hawkwing wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:38 pm I thought BYU's defense did a good job of confusing the USC QB. There were moments they showed zone and switched to man. Pressure was actually good to, even when only bringing 4. Tonga ate his man alive. I have no idea why they didn't double team him. Biggest mistake of the day for USC.
Watch this.

CougarCrazy
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by CougarCrazy »

They also seemed to send more a couple of times. Then USC had to respect the threat when they would show it.