Dropped Passes

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Dropped Passes

Post by byufan4ever »

I don't recall seeing any against Tennessee and I honesty can't remember if there were any or not against Utah. Is there any site that tracks this stat? Have we improved in this regard?

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Dropped Passes

Post by CrimsonCoug »

Hmmm. I remember being frustrated at receiver's coach Fesi Sitake for some reason, but I don't specifically remember any dropped passes. I know Micah Simon didn't drop any!
There were some bad passes that shouldn't be counted as drops, unless you're counting dropped by the Tennessee DBs

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

CrimsonCoug wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm There were some bad passes that shouldn't be counted as drops, unless you're counting dropped by the Tennessee DBs
Wasn't that the truth. Amazing how many opportunities TN had and didn't get one. Dang nice when luck flows the other way for once.

CougarCrazy
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by CougarCrazy »

The catches on plays with defensive passing interference were impressive. Catching seems much better this season. It was nice to seem them throwing it down the field today.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

byufan4ever wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm I don't recall seeing any against Tennessee and I honesty can't remember if there were any or not against Utah. Is there any site that tracks this stat? Have we improved in this regard?
We've improved a ton at this. This is the first game I have been able to watch live but watching the Tenn replay and today, I think the receivers are battling for catches better than any group since 2015. I am impressed by this. Fesi Sitake has done a really good job with this group.

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 pm
byufan4ever wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm I don't recall seeing any against Tennessee and I honesty can't remember if there were any or not against Utah. Is there any site that tracks this stat? Have we improved in this regard?
We've improved a ton at this. This is the first game I have been able to watch live but watching the Tenn replay and today, I think the receivers are battling for catches better than any group since 2015. I am impressed by this. Fesi Sitake has done a really good job with this group.
The receivers are running crisp routes and finding the openings in the zones.