Tennessee game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Tennessee game thread

Post by Jarhead »

BoiseBYU wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:05 pm
Fido wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:41 pm I don't get all you negative Nancies. Who cares how close they were to NOT winning. They WON. In spectacular fashion against great odds. BYU was/will be the underdog in each of the first 4 games. They came out victorious in one so far. 1-3 is what they are SUPPOSED to be after the next 2 games now that they have a win.
I’m with you. We WON. Enjoy.
Totally agree. Go ahead and start new threads about all the things that BYU needs to work on to be a good or great football team. But why would a genuine BYU fan come to the game thread just to be a wet blanket. And the strangest thing is that these posts are coming from posters who I respect and consider to be genuine BYU fans.

SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

Will BYU win a coin toss this year??? Utah won last week and deferred. Tennessee won the opening coin toss yesterday and deferred. BYU lost the coin toss to start overtime. We are 0-3 on coin toss results. Is that negative enough?

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

SenorCougar wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:40 pm Will BYU win a coin toss this year??? Utah won last week and deferred. Tennessee won the opening coin toss yesterday and deferred. BYU lost the coin toss to start overtime. We are 0-3 on coin toss results. Is that negative enough?
And the captains are only picking the coin toss the way they’ve been coached.

I can’t believe our coaches are sticking with the antiquated and vanilla “tails never fails” philosophy!

I actually even heard that the other captains were confused on whether heads or tails was being called.

:gross:

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Very good win for the Cougars, I'm glad that the Cougars finally figured out how to play offense, even if it took 59 minutes and 15 seconds to do so.

vancouvercougar
All-American

Post by vancouvercougar »

hawkwing wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 am Very good win for the Cougars, I'm glad that the Cougars finally figured out how to play offense, even if it took 59 minutes and 15 seconds to do so.
Hawk, you are correct that it took nearly 60 minutes to figure out how to play offense, but at least the offense did NOT have a turnover this game! :)

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

vancouvercougar wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:57 am
hawkwing wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 am Very good win for the Cougars, I'm glad that the Cougars finally figured out how to play offense, even if it took 59 minutes and 15 seconds to do so.
Hawk, you are correct that it took nearly 60 minutes to figure out how to play offense, but at least the offense did NOT have a turnover this game! :)
Very true, I'll take it!

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Fido wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:41 pm I don't get all you negative Nancies. Who cares how close they were to NOT winning. They WON. In spectacular fashion against great odds. BYU was/will be the underdog in each of the first 4 games. They came out victorious in one so far. 1-3 is what they are SUPPOSED to be after the next 2 games now that they have a win.
Us losing to our arch rival the week before...for the ninth time in a row...at home...might have something to do with it. But that's me.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

KingCoug wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:21 pm
Us losing to our arch rival the week before...for the ninth time in a row...at home...might have something to do with it. But that's me.
That and we looked horrible out on the field against Tenn. My 12 year old daughter who hardly ever watches football was like, "We suck. Why are you watching this, Dad?" I was excited to tell her we won.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

KingCoug wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:21 pm
If the Utah game is in your head so bad you can't enjoy a win over a SEC team in the way that all worked out, I truly feel sorry for you. What a miserable decade this must have been for you.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Fido wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:34 pmIf the Utah game is in your head so bad you can't enjoy a win over a SEC team in the way that all worked out, I truly feel sorry for you. What a miserable decade this must have been for you.
Ah, so now we're all Ute fans who care about what conference teams are in more than we care about how good or bad the team with the P5 conference logo really is.

Got it.

Tennessee (Sagarin #86) and Vanderbilt (Sagarin #146) are awesome because they get pummelled by Alabama/Auburn/LSU every year while wearing "SEC" patches.