Tennessee game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Tennessee game thread

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:07 am BYU is a DB's brainfart away from 0-2.
And TN was a tipped pass away from being down 13-9. Defense gave up just 3 points in the second half to keep BYU in the game and thank goodness we play a full 60 minutes. I’ll take it!

Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Jarhead »

snoscythe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:07 am BYU is a DB's brainfart away from 0-2.
Yeah because it was also the DB who made the perfect read on a non primary route option and delivered a perfect downfield pass hitting the receiver in stride who made a perfect move after the catch getting downfield into easy field goal range. None of that has anything to do with BYU........ :roll:

Sorry for laying the sarcasm on a bit thick, but lets enjoy the win for a few hours.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Jarhead wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:38 am
Yeah because it was also the DB who made the perfect read on a non primary route option and delivered a perfect downfield pass hitting the receiver in stride who made a perfect move after the catch getting downfield into easy field goal range. None of that has anything to do with BYU........ :roll:

Sorry for laying the sarcasm on a bit thick, but lets enjoy the win for a few hours.
I'll enjoy it until this coming Saturday. But not forgetting that, under Sitake, we're barely above .500 overall, 6-12 vs P5 teams, 0-4 vs Utah, 1-2 vs Utah State, and 0-3 vs Boise State. If we play like we did last night against USC and Washington, who are better teams than Tennessee, we will be 1-3.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Yeah because it was also the DB who made the perfect read on a non primary route option and delivered a perfect downfield pass hitting the receiver in stride who made a perfect move after the catch getting downfield into easy field goal range. None of that has anything to do with BYU........
Yeah......BYU did everything right.....it was ...... perfectly....? executed.....?

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

I don't get all you negative Nancies. Who cares how close they were to NOT winning. They WON. In spectacular fashion against great odds. BYU was/will be the underdog in each of the first 4 games. They came out victorious in one so far. 1-3 is what they are SUPPOSED to be after the next 2 games now that they have a win.

McY
BLUEshirt

Post by McY »

Fido wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:41 pm I don't get all you negative Nancies. Who cares how close they were to NOT winning. They WON. In spectacular fashion against great odds. BYU was/will be the underdog in each of the first 4 games. They came out victorious in one so far. 1-3 is what they are SUPPOSED to be after the next 2 games now that they have a win.
I totally agree. Let’s enjoy a good win for at least a little while.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Fido wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:41 pm I don't get all you negative Nancies. Who cares how close they were to NOT winning. They WON. In spectacular fashion against great odds. BYU was/will be the underdog in each of the first 4 games. They came out victorious in one so far. 1-3 is what they are SUPPOSED to be after the next 2 games now that they have a win.
I’m with you. We WON. Enjoy.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We have a 59% chance of winning one of the two games.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

snoscythe wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:23 pm
Yeah because it was also the DB who made the perfect read on a non primary route option and delivered a perfect downfield pass hitting the receiver in stride who made a perfect move after the catch getting downfield into easy field goal range. None of that has anything to do with BYU........
Yeah......BYU did everything right.....it was ...... perfectly....? executed.....?

Did I say BYU did everything right? I said Wilson made a perfect decision and a perfect throw and Simon made a perfect cut.

They have a long way to go before I think they can be considered a good team, but as a fan I can at least enjoy a thrilling finish where the players didn’t quit.