Ty'Son Williams transfers to BYU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Ty'Son Williams transfers to BYU

Post by scott715 »

YES

49erCoug
BLUEshirt

Post by 49erCoug »

snoscythe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:14 pm So, he brings a total of 5 collegiate touchdowns over three seasons of play to BYU?

I like that we are finding graduate transfers now (finally!), but I view these guys primarily as depth-builders, not primary options or key cogs.

I think we are looking at a lot of Fonua/Katoa this next season, with Ula getting more touches as the season progresses and he gets back into shape and up to speed.
I'm not so sure Ula will be on the team. I know he is in the transfer portal, which could just be because he has been at UVU and needs to transfer back to BYU.. I don't know..

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Well one thing that I feel good about is that we had holes in the RB aspect of our team and Stewart did go out and really work that problem with some definite depth acquisitions. Now we'll see how well they all do, but we're in a better place than the day after we finished last season in regards to this one position.

YNot
All-American

Post by YNot »

Ty'Son will be the front-runner to start. I believe he will earn at least an OR next to his name at second string on the fall depth chart. If you watch his highlight videos from his carries at South Carolina and compare to our roster, I don't see anyone else in the RB corps with similar athleticism and ability. But, of course, the highlight videos don't usually show the poor plays and weaknesses.