My preferred choice for Mens BB Head Coach

BYU Cougars on the court.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: My preferred choice for Mens BB Head Coach

Post by EM_Puma »

Well it looks like it was just a rumor fueled by speculation that Coach Rose was either stepping down to retire or being replaced.

Honestly I'd like to see us make a move, but at the same time I'm not totally disappointed if he stays. I'd really like to see him exit, which he will probably do in the next five years just because it's time in his life, to end on a more positive note. This season ended on more of a negative note than any I can remember of the last decade.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I think Madsen would make an outstanding coach. I hope we can get him to come to BYU.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

1. Pope. HC experience; LEGIT College as a player and Pro (limited) experience; HUNGER/FIRE; Can recruit, develop and coach BIGS!!
2. Madson. LEGIT college player experience; Pro experience; Asst Pro coach experience (He can actually develop players for pros); not sure if he’s hungry to coach in college, but dont forget his nickname: MADDOG! He does not lack competitive fire. He was avoiding it in the mish and totally focused on the main reason for a mish. A leader at all levels hes been at. A bit of a gamble without HC college experience.
3. Jensen? As in Alex? Meh. Never hire a UTE who hasnt at least been a Cougar first.

It saddens me to be on the “MoveOnRose.org” train. But it is totally time. Hes tired. He’s fought the good fight. He has been a hero in many respects, but he is running on fumes; faded glory; reputation Is a fast fading rep at that.
AND, hes lost his team. The performance vs SD in the WCC tourney was unacceptable!!! And what maddens me even more is giving him a contract to 2022. Talk about delaying the inevitable! He could decimate this team by then. Expect a few more transfers in the next two or three months.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

What I would like to see is Dave Rice hired as an asst HC from WA. It seems to me when he left is when the downward spiral began. I think he was the yang to Rose's yin. Somehow they complimented each other to make the team a top 10 team and I will say it till my dying day, a possible NC champ had we not lost Davies.