Hawai'i Game Thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Hawai'i Game Thread

Post by frdbtr »

byufan4ever wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:41 pm Hey we just had a QB hit a WR in stride and it wasn't dropped. Two miracles on one play!
Tanner did the same thing in the Arizona game from about the same distance out.

Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Jarhead »

Defense held the opponent to the magic less than 24 number. Offense more than doubled the opponent in scoring. A great game by BYU and a solid first start by Wilson.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

They held the opponent to 23 but took the second half off.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 pm They held the opponent to 23 but took the second half off.
Even more impressive then

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Impressive 1st half, frustrating 2nd. I would love to see 4 quarters of football from them. Happy with the win but they only got Hawaii off the field on 1 second half drive.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

If you can’t be happy with a 49-23 victory when BYU just started the youngest qb in BYU history, I’m not sure BYU will be able to satisfy you in very many games.

The second half wasn’t as pretty, but I disagree that the defense just mailed it in. Hawaii has a decent offense. Also despite it all, BYU still outscored Hawaii 21-20 in the second half.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

Definitely there is still a lot of room for improvement (and I still have a lot of doubts), but for this game, BYU’s overall performance exceeded my expectations.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I'm happy with the win but it is frustrating to watch the defense give up 3rd and long and 4th down conversions for 3 straight scores. Don't get me wrong. I will always be happy with wins but i will always call it how I see it as far as overall performances are concerned. There is absolutely nothing to criticize on the offense this week, they dominated in every way possible. I am also reserving my happiness to see how they respond in 2 weeks and for the rest of the year. Just like after the Arizona and Wisconsin wins, I feel if they continue to improve, they could end up with a good year but they have to keep improving. They took major steps backwards every week after beating Wisconsin and it took a shot in the arm to get them to play good again. I hope it continues.

TheDean
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by TheDean »

frdbtr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 am I'm happy with the win but it is frustrating to watch the defense give up 3rd and long and 4th down conversions for 3 straight scores. Don't get me wrong. I will always be happy with wins but i will always call it how I see it as far as overall performances are concerned. There is absolutely nothing to criticize on the offense this week, they dominated in every way possible. I am also reserving my happiness to see how they respond in 2 weeks and for the rest of the year. Just like after the Arizona and Wisconsin wins, I feel if they continue to improve, they could end up with a good year but they have to keep improving. They took major steps backwards every week after beating Wisconsin and it took a shot in the arm to get them to play good again. I hope it continues.
Actually there is something to criticize the offense with as the offense looked as bad in the second half as they did the whole game the last two weeks. Had that offense came out in the first half BYU loses the game as BYU was out scored 23 to 14 in the second half.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

TheDean wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 am
frdbtr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 am I'm happy with the win but it is frustrating to watch the defense give up 3rd and long and 4th down conversions for 3 straight scores. Don't get me wrong. I will always be happy with wins but i will always call it how I see it as far as overall performances are concerned. There is absolutely nothing to criticize on the offense this week, they dominated in every way possible. I am also reserving my happiness to see how they respond in 2 weeks and for the rest of the year. Just like after the Arizona and Wisconsin wins, I feel if they continue to improve, they could end up with a good year but they have to keep improving. They took major steps backwards every week after beating Wisconsin and it took a shot in the arm to get them to play good again. I hope it continues.
Actually there is something to criticize the offense with as the offense looked as bad in the second half as they did the whole game the last two weeks. Had that offense came out in the first half BYU loses the game as BYU was out scored 23 to 14 in the second half.
Really? Because the ESPN box score says BYU outscored Hawaii 21-20 in the second half.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/bo ... =401016408