Joe Critchlow getting the start tonight

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Joe Critchlow getting the start tonight

Post by BoiseBYU »

Last night was refreshing. The kid looked good. BUT let’s not get ahead of ourselves and create false expectations. One game does not a future make. Let’s not crown him the heir apparent or the expected starter here on out. At least yet. Let’s let the kid play and progress and enjoy the ride.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Critchlow played well, against UNLV. He was given a lot of quick passes and the RB did the majority of the work (Critchlow didn't even get to 200 yards passing).

I'm cautiously optimistic for the future right now, but I'm not giddy.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Agree with hawk and Boise. Don't make this guy the next Tanner or heaps. It was one game against a not great team. I really think Tanner or Hoge would have torn that team apart as well.
Still think Tanner gets it done in FSU if he stays healthy.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

hawkwing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:24 am Critchlow played well, against UNLV. He was given a lot of quick passes and the RB did the majority of the work (Critchlow didn't even get to 200 yards passing).

I'm cautiously optimistic for the future right now, but I'm not giddy.
He would have had much more passing yardage if Squally wasn't dominating like he was. Critchlow was carrying the offense for most of the 1st half and then when Squally started picking up yards in chunks on the ground they went away from Critchlow having to carry the offense. It was a great adjustment because it took all the pressure off the young guy. I think if UNLV had been able to stop the run game a bit, you would have seen the 166 per Critchlow again instead of the guy just handing the ball off. It was only 1 game but this is the first time all year we have seen a BYU QB look like he knew what he was doing with the offense. If he continues the way he did last night, it is going to be really hard for someone to beat him out as the starter.