Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 pm And to date, any journalist can express any opinion he/she wants. It's not even close to Russia yet where putin has killed who-knows-how-many reporters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_j ... _in_Russia

I think what trump said was dumb. But the press acting like they are being herded up and killed doesn't make me feel even a little sorry for them. The press has been irresponsible and certainly has favorites (both sides). It's the emotional driven inconsistency that drives me crazy.
Yes, what he said was dumb. But it was more than just that. It shows his general disregard for Constitutional freedoms if they get in the way of his own ambitions.

This isn't about violence against the media. Yeah, of course it's great it hasn't come to that. That doesn't mean saying things that fly in the face of the Constitution is ok. If our standard for caring about this is wait until people are being jailed or killed in the name of free speech/press, then it is already tragically too late.
Last edited by BlueK on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:16 am
BoiseBYU wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 pm
SpiffCoug wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm Never put more thought into a Trump tweet than Trump does.
Fair enough. But he is the President of the United States of America. Our country has for a long time been the leader of the free world and in numerous ways, not just militarily, the most powerful nation in the world. I can give the short shrift Trump’s tweets deserve, but they still embarrass the office of the Presidency and this nation. The tweets undercut our causes, and put our nation in a tougher spot in various ways. Any sane person would recognize that and stop. I can ignore his tweets but the world is not and as a result our position is weaker. And as conservative writer David French said in the National Review today, Trump’s tweets are doing long term harm to the Republican Party and principles of liberty.
I agree. Trump's twitter account is awful for his administration and awful for the nation. It adds to the irreconciliable political divide currently infesting our nation. It is poisoning conservatism. It is a blight on the office.

But Trump still doesn't - and likely never will - understand the gravitas required of his current position.
I agree. God Bless the United States of America!

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

When Steve Bannon starts saying he thinks there's a 70% chance Trump won't make it to 4 full years, and knowing that guy doesn't do or say anything that isn't self-serving, it makes me wonder what his angle is and what he's planning on doing.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BlueK wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:03 pm When Steve Bannon starts saying he thinks there's a 70% chance Trump won't make it to 4 full years, and knowing that guy doesn't do or say anything that isn't self-serving, it makes me wonder what his angle is and what he's planning on doing.
I'd plan on u more years of Trump.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Snoscythe is 100% correct. Snoscythe is spot on.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BTW, if anybody has any doubts about the commitment of hardcore leftist George Soros to support Antifa and the leftist organizations - the WSJ is reporting today that Soros transferred $18 billion (that's BILLION) to his left wing supporting "Open Society Foundation."

Anyone have any doubts about where the money is coming from for Antifa, Black Lives Matter, anti-Israel groups, Democrat voter mobilization efforts, Open Border groups, American Constitution Society (recruits and indoctrinates law students with leftist doctrine and places them in positions of power), he views the USA as the primary cause of human suffering in the world and wants to undermine U.S. world power, etc, etc. Supports ACORN, MoveOn.org, supports pushing the Democrat party to the left (hard left) and is anti-capitalist and dedicated to training and funding future leftist leaders as teachers, politicians, lawyers, and activists.

Anybody doubting the commitment of the left to defeat and destabilize Constitution loving Americans better wake up. The Bill of Rights (make that 1st and 2nd Amendments) is at risk. It's a matter of time.

Snoscythe is 100% correct.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Do any of you guys agree with the current GOP purge movement pushed by Steve Bannon? Personally I think it's extremely short sighted, but we'll see what happens. Not sure how "establishment" got to be such a dirty word among the Trumpist faction. Well, maybe it's not that hard to understand if you see this as more of a hostile takeover of an existing party.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BlueK wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 pm Do any of you guys agree with the current GOP purge movement pushed by Steve Bannon? Personally I think it's extremely short sighted, but we'll see what happens. Not sure how "establishment" got to be such a dirty word among the Trumpist faction. Well, maybe it's not that hard to understand if you see this as more of a hostile takeover of an existing party.
Curious, do you agree with McCain blocking the repeal of ObamaCare? It's obvious McCain and Trump have a personal beef going. Personal beef aside, what about what is right for the American people and America itself?

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Ddawg wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 pm
BlueK wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 pm Do any of you guys agree with the current GOP purge movement pushed by Steve Bannon? Personally I think it's extremely short sighted, but we'll see what happens. Not sure how "establishment" got to be such a dirty word among the Trumpist faction. Well, maybe it's not that hard to understand if you see this as more of a hostile takeover of an existing party.
Curious, do you agree with McCain blocking the repeal of ObamaCare? It's obvious McCain and Trump have a personal beef going. Personal beef aside, what about what is right for the American people and America itself?
Trump campaigned on something way different than the law that was proposed. That's what makes this so strange in some ways. And really it's a significant portion of his base that would have been hurt had it passed. To me and many republicans it doesn't matter because our coverage is good already. But Trump if you listen to the things he actually said about healthcare, he really campaigned for even more socialized medicine than Obamacare is: even lower deductibles, more coverage for everyone, universal coverage, etc. He's not really a details guy, and he did call the House version "mean" once he learned some of the details. I think his main problem with Obamacare is that it has Obama's name on it.
Last edited by BlueK on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BlueK wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:06 pm Trump campaigned on something way different than the law that was proposed. That's what makes this so strange in some ways. And really it's a significant portion of his base that would have been hurt had it passed. To me and many republicans it doesn't matter because our coverage is good already. But Trump if you listen to the things he actually said about healthcare campaigned for even more socialized medicine than Obamacare is.
Thank you. That wasn't the question.
Do you agree with McCain blocking the effort to repeal ObamaCare?