1-4 with no end in sight

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 1-4 with no end in sight

Post by Jarhead »

Ddawg wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:58 pm
KingCoug wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:50 pm BYU fans have a culture of whining and complaining?
Yep. Deal with it.
KingCoug wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:50 pm By the way, I wipe my @$$ with your avatar.
Nice christian thought. You are a fine LDS representative. Classy.
1. Every fandom with any sort of winning tradition has a history of whining and complaining. BYU is not unique at all in that regard.

2. King Coug has already stated he wouldn't cheer for the utes if his own child played for them, so no surprise there.

3. Ddawg what did happen to your avatar? You've been on this board a long time, right?

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Jarhead wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:09 pm 3. Ddawg what did happen to your avatar? You've been on this board a long time, right?
That is absolutely correct.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Ddawg wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:58 pm
Yep. Deal with it.
I deal with it fine. It's Ute fans who are apparently unaware that all fans whine and complain about their team.
Ddawg wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:58 pm Nice christian thought. You are a fine LDS representative. Classy.
I'll bet you were inspired to write your post while watching conference today - right?
Nah, while we did have conference on in the family room, I wait for the Ensign to come out with all the talks. My inspiration came solely from my eyes being assaulted by the presence of the lame Ute logo on a BYU forum.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Jarhead wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:09 pm1. Every fandom with any sort of winning tradition has a history of whining and complaining. BYU is not unique at all in that regard.
Wish I had said that...
2. King Coug has already stated he wouldn't cheer for the utes if his own child played for them, so no surprise there.
Uh, yeah, cause I'm a BYU fan. I'm not like these clowns who claim to be BYU fans until somebody in the fam gets a connection to the U and their previous allegiance goes out the window. They were never fans to begin with.

Let me ask you a question. Suppose your son ended up playing for the U and it's rivalry week and he and the rest of the Utes are playing BYU? Which team are you rooting for to win?

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

KingCoug wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm
Jarhead wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:09 pm1. Every fandom with any sort of winning tradition has a history of whining and complaining. BYU is not unique at all in that regard.
Wish I had said that...
Uh, yeah, cause I'm a BYU fan. I'm not like these clowns who claim to be BYU fans until somebody in the fam gets a connection to the U and their previous allegiance goes out the window. They were never fans to begin with.

Let me ask you a question. Suppose your son ended up playing for the U and it's rivalry week and he and the rest of the Utes are playing BYU? Which team are you rooting for to win?
I root for my son. Supporting my son takes priority over any silly fanhood I have. It's more important to me that my son knows I support him, that I love him, and I am proud of him than any other team I am a fan of in any other sport.

If someone is choosing to cheer for a sports team over cheering for their own son, I think they have their priorities out of whack. What has BYU football ever done for you? Unless you're a booster, BYU football has no idea who you are. You're just someone they can make money off of.

Your son, I would hope, provides more meaning to your life than a football team.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

KingCoug wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm Let me ask you a question. Suppose your son ended up playing for the U and it's rivalry week and he and the rest of the Utes are playing BYU? Which team are you rooting for to win?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
stupid.jpg
stupid.jpg (11.1 KiB) Viewed 733 times
The answer is obvious. Loyalty to, and support for your son takes precedence over any superficial support for an institution. Period.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Gunk wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:04 pm
KingCoug wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm
Wish I had said that...

I root for my son. Supporting my son takes priority over any silly fanhood I have. It's more important to me that my son knows I support him, that I love him, and I am proud of him than any other team I am a fan of in any other sport.

If someone is choosing to cheer for a sports team over cheering for their own son, I think they have their priorities out of whack. What has BYU football ever done for you? Unless you're a booster, BYU football has no idea who you are. You're just someone they can make money off of.

Your son, I would hope, provides more meaning to your life than a football team.
That's why I said I'd hope my son plays a well individually but that doesn't mean I'm going to root for the Utes to beat BYU.