Trevor Matich Tells It How It Is

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Trevor Matich Tells It How It Is

Post by byufan4ever »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbUpTKGdNHw

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbUpTKGdNHw[/BBvideo]

D1 College experience - check
NFL experience - check
Professional analyst - check

But at the end of the day it's still one man's opinion and everyone is free to agree or disagree.

*Edit - added the embedded video.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Trevor Matich Tells It How It Is

Post by Gunk »

Not a glowing analysis of Mangum.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I agree with Trevor. Magnum isn't making the reads yet. We can help him with some wrinkles to the offense, such as operating out of the shotgun and rolling out some more, but we should in no ways scrap the system. It will pay dividends in the long run once we build the pipeline with offensive lineman, receivers, running backs, and QBs who know the system. It can be done in college. Our kids are smart enough to do it. I am willing to be patient, but like Matich, I do want to see improvement. Because even if the system is good in the long run, Ty has to be able to tweak it to the capabilities of those running the system for now. I still stand fully behind our coaches.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Cougarfan87 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:00 am I agree with Trevor. Magnum isn't making the reads yet. We can help him with some wrinkles to the offense, such as operating out of the shotgun and rolling out some more, but we should in no ways scrap the system. It will pay dividends in the long run once we build the pipeline with offensive lineman, receivers, running backs, and QBs who know the system. It can be done in college. Our kids are smart enough to do it. I am willing to be patient, but like Matich, I do want to see improvement. Because even if the system is good in the long run, Ty has to be able to tweak it to the capabilities of those running the system for now. I still stand fully behind our coaches.
I agree as well, having said that. (broken record) We need to see some toughness from our receiver corps. IMO, there are plays that have to be made by them that are not being made. Tanner also can make more plays, there was at least one play where he slid behind the 1st down line on a run when it was third down. He needed to make a play and get the 1st, Max Hall, John beck and a few others would have done it. Sometimes if you want to win, you have to put your head down and get the first.