BYU vs Utah

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Utah

Post by KingCoug »

Evidently money has been coming in on Utah which has now made them a 1 to 3.5 point favorite depending on the book. Of course, any smart bettor knows you never put money on a game you have an emotional stake in.

I'm fine with the Cougs playing from the position of underdog. Hopefully that, plus a desire on the part of coaches and players to redeem themselves after last week, plus not wanting to suffer a 7th straight loss, plus home field will translate to a fired up team with a chip on their shoulder.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

BroncoBot wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:08 pm This almost assuredly will be a u of u win. Why? Because I'll be in the stands. I've seen a half dozen BYU Utah games at LES and never been there for a BYU victory.

If BYU is down at halftime I will confess to being "jonah" and will allow LES ushers to throw me from the top of the stadium in order to right the ship.
Much appreciated

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

The last BYU v UTE game I saw was the win in 09. I bought a new car and drove to Provo that weekend. That car turned 100,00 miles this week. I'm thinking I need to buy a new car this Saturday before the game. Maybe that will help.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

DO IT!

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

vancouvercougar wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 am The last BYU v UTE game I saw was the win in 09. I bought a new car and drove to Provo that weekend. That car turned 100,00 miles this week. I'm thinking I need to buy a new car this Saturday before the game. Maybe that will help.
FWIW I've bought cars with less of a justification than that... I agree - do it!

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:29 am
vancouvercougar wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 am The last BYU v UTE game I saw was the win in 09. I bought a new car and drove to Provo that weekend. That car turned 100,00 miles this week. I'm thinking I need to buy a new car this Saturday before the game. Maybe that will help.
FWIW I've bought cars with less of a justification than that... I agree - do it!
Thirded - Do it!

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Just one more reason to despise these pieces of yewt.
Attachments
DJSmG5UUEAEgaYH.jpg

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
cougarnerd
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by cougarnerd »

KingCoug wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:01 pm Just one more reason to despise these pieces of yewt.
That goes to show how classless they are. I have a few friends and know some good people who are U of U fans, but as a whole, I have no respect to the university or the team wearing red. Many are so disparaging that it seems to be a personal insult to them for us to belong to a different fan base...not that these guys want to kill us, but almost the same personal feelings as the Muslim-Christian rivalry.

LOYAL STRONG & TRUE
UCChris
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by UCChris »

cougarnerd wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:40 pm
KingCoug wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:01 pm Just one more reason to despise these pieces of yewt.
That goes to show how classless they are. I have a few friends and know some good people who are U of U fans, but as a whole, I have no respect to the university or the team wearing red. Many are so disparaging that it seems to be a personal insult to them for us to belong to a different fan base...not that these guys want to kill us, but almost the same personal feelings as the Muslim-Christian rivalry.
Yeah, I'm gonna disagree with you there. This was 99.99% likely to be some stupid college students. Of which BYU has PLENTY! Calling a whole fanbase classless because of a couple stupid students, well that doesn't make much sense does it?

Maybe Utah fans would be less annoyed with Y fans if we were less holier-than-thou. (Not saying you specifically, just in general)