BYU v. UT-A NIT Tip-off moved to 9pm

BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU v. UT-A NIT Tip-off moved to 9pm

Post by BroncoBot »

Brayden Green wrote:For everyone wondering why Rose doesn't play his bench....

Here's why.

They suck.

They will all be replaced by incoming freshman and people coming off of missions. (I hope).

Steven Beo, lol. I can't believe some fans were calling for him over Emery and Haws.
Serious question. Who was the last BYU player coming of the bench that could actually play decent basketball? Carlino? any others?

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

BroncoBot wrote:

Here's why.

They suck.

They will all be replaced by incoming freshman and people coming off of missions. (I hope).

Steven Beo, lol. I can't believe some fans were calling for him over Emery and Haws.
Serious question. Who was the last BYU player coming of the bench that could actually play decent basketball? Carlino? any others?
Carlino, and he shouldn't have been coming off the bench.

And before that, Tavernarni.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

BroncoBot wrote:

Here's why.

They suck.

Zac Seljaas last year was excellent. We really missed him this year. year before that was Bartley Winder Nixon. Childs was supposed to be a bench player this year and he was really good. As were either Bryant or Rose. You cannot injure 3 starters and not have it impact your bench. When your number 9 player becomes your 6th man things get rocky

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

ABYUFAN wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

Here's why.

They suck.

Zac Seljaas last year was excellent. We really missed him this year. year before that was Bartley Winder Nixon. Childs was supposed to be a bench player this year and he was really good. As were either Bryant or Rose. You cannot injure 3 starters and not have it impact your bench. When your number 9 player becomes your 6th man things get rocky
This. As harsh as I've been on Rose, losing 3 starters to injury are not his fault.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

After the Gonzaga game, we should have declared victory and gone home. Seriously, we are not deep enough and experienced enough and well coached enough to survive the loss of three starters and compete.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

BoiseBYU wrote:After the Gonzaga game, we should have declared victory and gone home. Seriously, we are not deep enough and experienced enough and well coached enough to survive the loss of three starters and compete.
On the surface it's obvious that we are not a team equipped to make a deep run this season. With that being said, UT-Arlington game was one of those where there wasn't much you can do when your opponent shoots 55.3%. That's absolutely incredible. And it wasn't just the 3-ball that usually lays us waste when a team shoots lights out. It was every way they attached the rim, and they were so smooth and pretty much flawless. They knew where each other was going to be. BYU looked like a bunch of guys together to play some Church ball. Their attacks were largely uncoordinated and just happened. I think that is one aspect to the game that thoroughly cause me a lot of frustration to watch.

I'm just wondering if Rose can accomplish much with this group, because if they can't learn any better to dribble penetrate, then we're never going anywhere. It was embarrassing.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

EM_Puma wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:After the Gonzaga game, we should have declared victory and gone home. Seriously, we are not deep enough and experienced enough and well coached enough to survive the loss of three starters and compete.
On the surface it's obvious that we are not a team equipped to make a deep run this season. With that being said, UT-Arlington game was one of those where there wasn't much you can do when your opponent shoots 55.3%. That's absolutely incredible.
BYU does play a very church ball style (not often you see a real set offensive set and the defense is hardly existent).

UTA shooting 55.3 and SMC shooting 70% (which is the highest shooting percentage for a half I've ever heard of) is a symptom of BYU's defense, not of UTA's offensive prowess.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "it was one of those night" when BYU fans/coaches spoke of opponents, I'd likely have a whole dollar. This team had issues. I'm almost relieved it's over and they can move on to next year. It didn't look like they learned a lot between SMC and UTA though.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

BroncoBot wrote:If I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "it was one of those night" when BYU fans/coaches spoke of opponents, I'd likely have a whole dollar.
Well, agree to disagree. It was some of the most incredible shots that were going in that usually didn't. The defense got way more aggressive in the last 2nd half and they'd pull back and wham! I'm sure there was something defensively that could have been done, but watching in person, I'm sorry, but they had one of those nights.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

EM_Puma wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:If I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "it was one of those night" when BYU fans/coaches spoke of opponents, I'd likely have a whole dollar.
Well, agree to disagree. It was some of the most incredible shots that were going in that usually didn't. The defense got way more aggressive in the last 2nd half and they'd pull back and wham! I'm sure there was something defensively that could have been done, but watching in person, I'm sorry, but they had one of those nights.
$1.05

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

BroncoBot wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:
$1.05
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read your response BroncoBot. I agree with you are saying.