New Sheriff

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: New Sheriff

Post by BroncoBot »

I think the only circus I've noticed is the media suddenly reporting on issues that have likely gone on for 20 some odd years. Thanks for finally doing your job fellas! And making a whole Lotta fake stuff with it!

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Did he win by the largest electoral college margin since Reagan?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BlueK wrote:Did he win by the largest electoral college margin since Reagan?
No, unfortunately as he's proving, he's not very intelligent, nor is he thick skinned enough to serve his role as Commander in Chief.

I expect he will not be president by this time next year.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

hawkwing wrote:
No, unfortunately as he's proving, he's not very intelligent, nor is he thick skinned enough to serve his role as Commander in Chief.

I dream for a Mike Pence presidency as soon as possible. Best case would be for Trump to decide that he doesn't want to do it anymore and hang it up because he's already accomplished more than all other presidents of the US in history combined and he's the greatest human being to ever walk the planet, so he's leaving the country in the best situation any one of us mere mortals could ever imagine. Then I could thankfully forget about Trump forever because I don't watch reality tv or read the Enquirer.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BlueK wrote:
hawkwing wrote:

I dream for a Mike Pence presidency as soon as possible. Best case would be for Trump to decide that he doesn't want to do it anymore and hang it up because he's already accomplished more than all other presidents of the US in history combined and he's the greatest human being to ever walk the planet, so he's leaving the country in the best situation any one of us mere mortals could ever imagine. Then I could thankfully forget about Trump forever because I don't watch reality tv or read the Enquirer.
This is what I'm hoping will happen in the next few weeks.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: I expect he will not be president by this time next year.
Put your money where your mouth is. I'll bet you $1,000 Donald Trump is still the president of the United States in February 2018.

Better yet - let's make that bet $2,500. Interested?

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

What's the point of claiming a larger electoral college victory than reality and then arguing about it when presented with the evidence? Or did he really change reality? Of course not. The question is why is he talking about the past instead of the present? This kind of garbage is going to hurt him in the long run, even with his big supporters. So many other things he could have talked about. No one cares about the number of EV's he got.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Trump said “everyone in this country would say, 'ohh, it’s so great'” if Trump shot and sunk the Viktor Leonov, a Russian intelligence gathering ship, which lies off the coast of Connecticut in international waters. We have as a President a man who is simply delusional. God save this country.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote: I expect he will not be president by this time next year.
Put your money where your mouth is. I'll bet you $1,000 Donald Trump is still the president of the United States in February 2018.

Better yet - let's make that bet $2,500. Interested?
No, I'm not interested.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BoiseBYU wrote:Trump said “everyone in this country would say, 'ohh, it’s so great'” if Trump shot and sunk the Viktor Leonov, a Russian intelligence gathering ship, which lies off the coast of Connecticut in international waters. We have as a President a man who is simply delusional. God save this country.
He's such a loose cannon. While we can all hope he just lets the congress do their job and make the improvements we all want, because he's so bizarre, who the heck knows what might happen that could be disastrous.