San Diego

BYU Cougars on the court.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: San Diego

Post by Gunk »

hawkwing wrote:Haha, don't worry. Losses to sub 200 teams are perfectly normal for teams made up of 4* top 100 players, after all we have multiple this year.
IMO, we only have one 4* player on the team. Haws and Emery are not 4*, top 100 players. I don't know how they got that ranking. I surely hope they prove me wrong, but I think whomever ranked them 4* was being generous.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Gunk wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Haha, don't worry. Losses to sub 200 teams are perfectly normal for teams made up of 4* top 100 players, after all we have multiple this year.
IMO, we only have one 4* player on the team. Haws and Emery are not 4*, top 100 players. I don't know how they got that ranking. I surely hope they prove me wrong, but I think whomever ranked them 4* was being generous.
I think a lot of it was the hype of that lone peak team they were on. They were an incredible TEAM, individually who knows. I think Shumway would have also translated into a great ncaa basketball player.

byu just isnt playing good team basketball. and teams have a good template for beating them now.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

Here's the PER from the previous San Francisco game:
SF.PNG
Mika obviously with a monster game.

Here's the San Diego game:
SD.PNG
Even though Haws had way more points Mika still has the highest PER due to rebounds, assists, blocks, and low TOs.

And the season summary:
BYU 2017-01-16.PNG

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins