Patrick Kinahan a voice of reason?

BYU Cougars on the court.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Patrick Kinahan a voice of reason?

Post by frdbtr »

I encourage you to read this article all the way to the end. Take note of Steve Cleveland's opinion and Kinahan's closing statement.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42838677&nid=27 ... ball-coach

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Re: Patrick Kinahan a voice of reason?

Post by hawkwing »

I don't read PK or Gordon Monson, even if they have a rare moment of clarity, I refuse to give them clicks.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

hawkwing wrote:I don't read PK or Gordon Monson, even if they have a rare moment of clarity, I refuse to give them clicks.
Monson doesn't have moments of clarity so I don't read him. PK goes back and forth. It is your prerogative to not read but this is a good and fair article for BYU.

Isola
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Isola »

hawkwing wrote:I don't read PK or Gordon Monson, even if they have a rare moment of clarity, I refuse to give them clicks.
I accidentally clicked on this article and read the first three paragraphs. Then a bad odor started filling the room and I thought "who wrote this?" I scrolled up to find what I already knew at that point.

That happens every time I stumble across something PK writes. It isn't the subject, since I clicked on the article after reading the headline. PK has a troll tone.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Isola wrote:
I accidentally clicked on this article and read the first three paragraphs. Then a bad odor started filling the room and I thought "who wrote this?" I scrolled up to find what I already knew at that point.

That happens every time I stumble across something PK writes. It isn't the subject, since I clicked on the article after reading the headline. PK has a troll tone.
You have to read it all the way to the end to get the message he is trying to give. If you read the first 3 paragraphs (where he quotes Monson's crap), you miss the entire point of his article.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

I didn't think it was a bad article. Nice to hear from Cleveland. I trust that guy.

The biggest issue with this team and Rose's teams for the last 5 years is defense.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BlueK »

the next five are all games we're supposed to win. If BYU just takes care of business one by one they'll be 18-5, going into the Gonzaga game, which will be their best record after that many games since 2012. With a strong inside game and Bryant emerging as the third key player on the guard line, I think this team is better equipped than the recent past ones to avoid the upsets from the WCC bottom 7.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

Will someone please summarize the article for me. When I see the names Monson and Kinihan, I have to go wash my eyes out with bleach.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

The article can be summed up in one quote from Steve Cleveland and a sentence from Kinahan.

Cleveland:
“The idea that there’s a loose ship or that there’s a circumstance where practice is unorganized or there just isn’t an attention to detail, that is absolutely not true,” Cleveland said. “You don’t do what this group has done over the past 11 or 12 years without having an attention to detail or a plan.”

Kinahan:
In reality, expectations for BYU this season were unreasonable considering the group’s inexperience. The starting lineup is comprised of two freshmen, two sophomores and one senior who transferred into the program for his last season.

On another BYU fan board that can remain nameless, it seemed like yesterday afternoon leading into the game it was full-on attack Dave Rose mode. Most of it was ridiculous. Today after last night's game it has calmed down. I appreciate that on this site everyone is respectful and can discuss different points of view without getting carried away to the same level of negative nonsense as over there.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We're older and wiser.