College Football’s Financial Woes

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

College Football’s Financial Woes

Post by scott715 »

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: College Football’s Financial Woes

Post by nuk13 »

I only read the 6th article but to me things have gotten out of hand. There are 10 coaches making $4.5 million or more. Meyer, Saban and Harbaugh are all over $6 million with Harbaugh making a whopping $9 million! They are a contrast to Lavell Edwards. It makes me even more appreciative of him and his integrity. I think these high budget schools should play each other and let the rest form other conferences where there is a more sane approach to finances. This kind of thing takes a lot of fun out of it. College should be a place to learn how to make a living and learn as much as possible about life. It will be interesting to see if this lasts.

Isola
Sophomore

Post by Isola »

I've posted this before, but I would not be opposed to the top programs splitting and forming their own league. Let Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Texas and so on form a sort of semi-pro league of the ultimate "haves". I am getting sick of the arms race. It is sickening.

I've got a co-worker who is a North Dakota State alumn and he is a happy camper with his team being a power house FCS team. I don't want BYU to be FCS, but if being in the top echelon of college football means having to spend like Alabama, then I can live not being top echelon. Let the top schools leave and return college football to amateur sport played by actual student athletes.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I agree with you Isola. I am still a Montana Grizzly fan having grown up there. They are as entertaining to watch as the bigger schools and often are more fun to watch until this year.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Isola wrote:I've posted this before, but I would not be opposed to the top programs splitting and forming their own league. Let Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Texas and so on form a sort of semi-pro league of the ultimate "haves". I am getting sick of the arms race. It is sickening.

I've got a co-worker who is a North Dakota State alumn and he is a happy camper with his team being a power house FCS team. I don't want BYU to be FCS, but if being in the top echelon of college football means having to spend like Alabama, then I can live not being top echelon. Let the top schools leave and return college football to amateur sport played by actual student athletes.
Have a division where players are majoring in football?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!