Texas elector resigning rather than voting for Trump

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Texas elector resigning rather than voting for Trump

Post by hawkwing »

An elector in Texas has decided that he cannot in good conscience vote for Trump as he is not 'biblically Qualified' whatever that means and rather than break his pledge to vote for the populace's choice he is choosing to step down.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-electo ... 47695.html
A Texas Republican announced over the weekend that he plans to resign his post as a member of the Electoral College rather than cast a ballot for US President-elect Donald Trump, a man he deems "not biblically qualified for office."

Citing his Christian religion and his understanding of representative democracy, Art Sisneros wrote in a blog post that he could neither vote for Mr. Trump nor break his promise to do so by voting for anyone else. Texas does not require its 38 electors to vote in accordance with the state's presidential election results, but Mr. Sisneros says he made a pledge to the Texas GOP that his vote next month in Austin would follow the will of the general public.

"The reality is Trump will be our President, no matter what my decision is," Sisneros wrote. "Since I can’t in good conscience vote for Donald Trump, and yet have sinfully made a pledge that I would, the best option I see at this time is to resign my position as an Elector."
More at https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-electo ... 47695.html

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Texas elector resigning rather than voting for Trump

Post by snoscythe »

So, he's getting out of the way so someone else can do it for him? Okay.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:So, he's getting out of the way so someone else can do it for him? Okay.
Blessed are the cowards, for they shall inherit anonymity.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Maybe it was fake news, but I saw that he reported one of his critiques was Trump mocked SNL.

ok.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

Well, one Texas elector got it right and voted for Ron Paul.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams