1-2 Team Changes Starting QB

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 1-2 Team Changes Starting QB

Post by Stirfry »

USCs senior has never before been the starter and my understanding is he has had very limited reps.

Taysom has been the starter for four? seasons now and has a history of success.

I'd be quicker on the trigger on the guy that took that long to figure it out.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

USC switching QBs is also about saving face.

They're going to lose more games. If they keep the upperclassman in as QB and still lose games, they have no excuse and will continue to look bad.

They switch to the freshman and suddenly they have the "building for the future" excuse.

BYU has plenty of "excuses" to draw from - new HC, New OC, new offense, OL injuries, young receiving corps, etc. Take your pick. They're all valid reasons as to why BYU fans should temper expectations.

BYU hasn't done anything relevant on a national level in...forever. We don't make it to an NY6 bowl or the playoffs and no one cares. That's not the case with USC. USC is expected to challenge for the Pac12 championship every season and be in the playoffs.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
McY
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by McY »

There are a lot of reasons BYU does not, should not, would not base any football decisions on USC's current status, or most if not all other teams for that matter. Apples and oranges. Though it's interesting sometimes to hear about what other teams do with their struggles, or, in some cases, inebriated coaches, and whatnot.

SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

With the current O-line, Tanner would be on his butt the whole night. He sure played well last year against Michigan and Missouri. And he had a better line. Watch "AFTER FURTHER REVIEW" for analysis. Did Taysom make mistakes? Yep. But that wasn't all. Wrong routes. Missed blocks. Tanner is a good QB, but if you think Taysom has problems with the defensive pass rush pressure, Tanner will not have a chance to set his feet. Then who takes the reins?