Questions and observations

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
HoosierCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Questions and observations

Post by HoosierCougar »

I haven't heard anything about any ticket controversy. I was at the game and the SW section of the stadium (opposite the MUSS) was all blue, that's including the band. Similar to what BYU offers their opponents (NW corner) Utah brings 40,000 every week. I was in the NE corner and there were blue and white shirts peppered throughout the stadium, and I'd estimate a total of 5K cougar fans total.

If there was an allotment issue, I'd be curious about that.

Note: my dad texted me and said there looked like there were 4 blue shirts in the whole place based on the TV shots. Not sure if that was a location issue (e.g. that SW section's behind the cameras), a camera issue (just not finding cougar blue), or a production issue (choosing not to go to those shots).

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

wow. if true, that decision carries a lot of potential bias as byu plays another pac12 game without 2 players.

Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

PAC-12 probably upheld the calls because it will benefit UCLA this Saturday to have our secondary depleted for the first half.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

The camera angle was always from the BYU sideline, and I'm guessing the BYU section was in the corner behind the BYU bench.

I don't like that the team is huddling, or at least how long it's taking for them to get aligned.

There was no reason to be in a hurry after a time out on the two point conversion, but the delay in getting to the line cost Taysom the ability to change the play or at least view the field. Also, possibly led to the wrong line call by Tejan, although, half the line did the right thing, the other half, not so much.

If I could have 2 coaches back from the previous staff, they'd be Holliday and 2J. There's a reason why Empey got fired the last time.