Utah Game 2016

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Utah Game 2016

Post by Gunk »

Mars wrote:Well, Sitake coached like Bronco, Detmer coached like Doman, and Taysom played like Riley, while James Lark 2.0 sat on the bench. Sigh.
Sitake did not coach like Bronco. When have you ever seen Bronco do a chest bump? Also, had Sitake coached like Bronco, we would have had a couple of sacks. Bronco would have made sure Williams hit the ground a few times.

Detmer did not coach like Doman. Detmer didn't switch QBs mid game and throw his starter under the bus.

Taysom didn't play like Riley. He didn't huck 30 yard lobs while getting sacked and then jump up like he planned it when the lob miraculously gets caught.

James Lark 2.0 did sit on the bench.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Ungoy »

I'll tell you what, I was perfectly fine with Sitake's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the Nacua targeting call. Players are going to play hard for him if for no other reason that they know he has their back. I loved seeing him fired up and letting the ref have an earful after that travesty of a call.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Ungoy wrote:I'll tell you what, I was perfectly fine with Sitake's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the Nacua targeting call. Players are going to play hard for him if for no other reason that they know he has their back. I loved seeing him fired up and letting the ref have an earful after that travesty of a call.
Agree. A horrible call. Watching Kalani react was great. Has his players backs and not afraid to support them publicly. The refs were made 2 horrible calls. The ejection of Nacua and McChesney (will also be suspended for the 1st Half against UCLA) was not called for. Horrible. Not even close to targeting.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Ddawg wrote:
Ungoy wrote:I'll tell you what, I was perfectly fine with Sitake's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the Nacua targeting call. Players are going to play hard for him if for no other reason that they know he has their back. I loved seeing him fired up and letting the ref have an earful after that travesty of a call.
Agree. A horrible call. Watching Kalani react was great. Has his players backs and not afraid to support them publicly. The refs were made 2 horrible calls. The ejection of Nacua and McChesney (will also be suspended for the 1st Half against UCLA) was not called for. Horrible. Not even close to targeting.
Worst call of the night, imho, was the spot of the ball on the 5 yard line when Utah was backed up against their goalline. RB had tried to escape the loss of yards and ran another 3-4 yards backwards before being tackled on the 1.5 yard line. It got spotted on the 5-6 yard line somewhere. Unbelievable.

the non-call facemask on Williams was also terrible.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Some pics of Sitake. I did not mind his outburst. The players know he has their backs. I love Bronco, but he would have just had his blank constipated stare on his face. And I know Sitake was at Utah for a while, but it was a bit hard for me to see him smiling with the Ute players after the game.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
mormonrasta
Junior

Post by mormonrasta »

Mars wrote:Well, Sitake coached like Bronco, Detmer coached like Doman, and Taysom played like Riley, while James Lark 2.0 sat on the bench. Sigh.
Riley with a broken back was a better passer vs. Utah than Taysom was in either of his two games.

Taysom 2016

21-39-3 176 yards 0 TDs PER 76.37

Taysom 2013

18-48-1 260 yards 0 TDs PER 78.83

Riley 2012

17-35-1 206 yards 2 TDs PER 111.15

birdie702
BLUEshirt

Post by birdie702 »

Ddawg wrote:
Mars wrote:
Ddawg wrote: Simplistic, and wrong. It's America. You have a right to be wrong. Revel in it.
This is what I tell people who support Donald Trump.
Talk about being simplistic. LOL! Voting for either Gary Johnson (stuck at 7% - he's not going to throw the election into the House of Representatives as some dreamers think) or voting for Evan McMullin - who is a good man - and a real Conservative. But he's not even on 5% of the states ballots. Voting for any of these folks makes you feel good - accomplishes nothing. No chance of winning. None. Just diverts votes away from the only person that can keep Hillary out of the White House.

If the goal of any GOP member or Conservative is to keep the most corrupt person (Hillary) to ever run for the office of the president out of the Oval Office - well - how does voting for a 3rd party candidate accomplish that? It doesn't. Purely a protest vote - a mental masturbation game. Makes you feel good but accomplishes nothing.

It's America. You have a right to be wrong.
#agreed