BLACKOUT against Utah State

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BLACKOUT against Utah State

Post by Fido »

So the season starts with a WHITEOUT against Arizona and ends with a BLACKOUT against Utah State:

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: BLACKOUT against Utah State

Post by ABYUFAN »

FWIW I'm still the stick in the mud that hates blackout games... To me they're stupid "me too" statements (Like the NCAA patch on our uniforms) We can do better

TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

I think these are cool. I'll dye hair white for the whiteout, wear my royal blue velvet blazer for the others, then maybe go with a black tuxedo for Utah State. Those black jerseys are sweet though. Maybe I'll find one of those.

HoosierCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by HoosierCougar »

Good planning... the blackout game starts at 5:30 PM. would be bad to have a blackout game at noon or 1 pm in early September.

BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BOID »

What does it mean to say "Reppin The Y?" As in practice "rep's?"

I think that gimmick uniforms are a bust if you don't win. The extra attention they bring can be an embarrassment. I remember feeling that way when BYU lost to Oregon State in all black, in 2012, I believe. The uni's looked cool until the game was dropped. The all royals were involved in losses, IIRC, against Utah in 2013, and against Utah St in 2014, when Taysom's ankle was rolled on and fractured.

The all whites have had a better record, with wins against SDSU in 2012, and against Virginia in 2014. I'm not sure about the other black out.... That may have been a win against UNLV in 2014.

I say to BYU: If you're going to put on those black uniforms..... You had better win.

redneckjedi
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by redneckjedi »

If we're going all black again, could we at least put one of these somewhere on the uniform?

I mean, it's oval-shaped like our logo, and the dude who uses it actually has black as his primary color. ;)

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?