Jimmer as a knick

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Jimmer as a knick

Post by BroncoBot »

More of the same from Jimmer. Knocks down the 3 and then the guy he is defending scores 9 straight on him. (hit 2 threes and converted a 3 point play). We know he can score in loads, even in the NBA. But he's hard to have on the floor due to his defense.

In case anyone cares to remember, When Jimmer was with the Kings coach smart (I also didn't think he was great) played Isaiah Thomas over Jimmer. There were a lot of mad BYU fans. BUT it looks like Smart made the right choice. Jimmer has to be considered one of the worst lottery NBA selections (right up there with Araujo). Isaiah Thomas was an all star this year. I watched most of the kings games that year, and frankly, I would have started IT over JF.

Still hoping the guy can salvage an NBA career, but tonight he looked as lost as ever on defense. He still has difficulty playing away from the ball defense....

Matty-B
Junior

Re: Jimmer as a knick

Post by Matty-B »

His defense is still bad. Sure
But in his defense (lol) you really gonna expect to guard the 3 when you're down 20 with less than 2 minutes to go? I'm sure all guards would played off the line a bit.
Well, I'm not sure but I'd think ...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Umm...the Raptors scored 122 points, their starting guards scored a game-high 22 points each, so the Knicks guards (and the rest of the team) already suck on defense, but also can't hit a shot of their own. Jimmer at least gives you productivity on offense.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

totally agree. but the Knicks coach already doesn't like Jimmer. don't give him a reason to not play you. he just looks lost on D. he's not even playing his man sometimes.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:totally agree. but the Knicks coach already doesn't like Jimmer. don't give him a reason to not play you. he just looks lost on D. he's not even playing his man sometimes.
I'd be surprised if someone who signed with a team the day before knows where to go on offense or defense.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

he cant be expected to play decent man defense that he has been playing since the first time he stepped onto a basketball court? I agree the Knicks should give him a chance, but he's not going to get one if he keeps playing defense like that.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe wrote:Umm...the Raptors scored 122 points, their starting guards scored a game-high 22 points each, so the Knicks guards (and the rest of the team) already suck on defense, but also can't hit a shot of their own. Jimmer at least gives you productivity on offense.
Of course, then Calderon does this. Not bad enough to get benched or even lose minutes to the guy who was in the d league less than a week ago.
G 32:40 6-10 4-4 4-4 20