Super bowl?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Super bowl?

Post by BoiseBYU »

I rarely watch pro football games, so I may be out of it, but I thought the Super Bowl was between the two best teams? And I thought the half time show was supposed to be an entertainment extravaganza? I missed the memo correcting those assumptions. I saw a game of turnovers, penalties, more turnovers, punts punts punts and a very old QB fluttering passes. As for half time, I guess the grand poombahs watched what Cold Play had to offer and decided, we need something more. So they got some woman with really big thighs and some other guys in leather jackets do a sound off. And the Cold Play guy? He kept crouching like he thought he was being targeted by terrorists. And as for the ads? Are we to expect many more babies in Denver this fall? I guess so. Sigh. What a waste of time.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Super bowl?

Post by hawkwing »

Good summation of the game. Although I feel that Denver's defense has shown all year long and in the Super Bowl just how truly dominant they are and it was beautiful to watch them dominate. Offensively there wasn't much to enjoy at all though.

Halftime show right on the mark.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

The 2016 Orange Rush Broncos might have just put on the best defensive post-season since the '85 Bears.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:The 2016 Orange Rush Broncos might have just put on the best defensive post-season since the '85 Bears.
Defense was impressive. Doesn't explain really bad passes and many many penalties....

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BoiseBYU wrote:
snoscythe wrote:The 2016 Orange Rush Broncos might have just put on the best defensive post-season since the '85 Bears.
Defense was impressive. Doesn't explain really bad passes and many many penalties....
I was okay with Talib's facemask. Yes, dangerous, but if that's the only way to stop a TD, you grab that facemask.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Despite looking nice, the field conditions were really bad. Guys slipping all over the place lends itself to a sloppy game.

I haven't had a problem with the Panthers Dabbing and dancing and whatever, but it bothered me how they reacted to Broncos players doing things like celebrating a first down -- pushing them, slapping the ball out of their hands, and mouthing off. If you're going to celebrate, don't be mad when the other teams do it, too.

I also haven't had a problem with Cam Newton in the NFL (all of his lying, cheating, stealing in college, yes, but he hadn't done anything in the league that really bothered me). But now, I just can't stand the guy. The image of him lying in the endzone and literally throwing a tantrum, flailing his arms and legs like a 4-year-old at Toys r' Us, because he didn't get a call, is a huge blow to any respect I may have had for him.

Glad Manning won and I think he should go out on top. I think he will, too, and was glad to see him keep the spotlight on his team and teammates winning the Super Bowl instead of announcing his retirement right then and there.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
I was okay with Talib's facemask. Yes, dangerous, but if that's the only way to stop a TD, you grab that facemask.
Ends don't justify the means and had he broken the dude's neck, we might be saying something different. It was one of the worst face masks I've seen....And it did not do a lot of good. Carolina scored the next play... In any event that was one of like 17 penalties....on a day of fluttering passess or grossly overthrown passes etc etc etc

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Schmoe wrote:Despite looking nice, the field conditions were really bad. Guys slipping all over the place lends itself to a sloppy game.

I haven't had a problem with the Panthers Dabbing and dancing and whatever, but it bothered me how they reacted to Broncos players doing things like celebrating a first down -- pushing them, slapping the ball out of their hands, and mouthing off. If you're going to celebrate, don't be mad when the other teams do it, too.

I also haven't had a problem with Cam Newton in the NFL (all of his lying, cheating, stealing in college, yes, but he hadn't done anything in the league that really bothered me). But now, I just can't stand the guy. The image of him lying in the endzone and literally throwing a tantrum, flailing his arms and legs like a 4-year-old at Toys r' Us, because he didn't get a call, is a huge blow to any respect I may have had for him.

Glad Manning won and I think he should go out on top. I think he will, too, and was glad to see him keep the spotlight on his team and teammates winning the Super Bowl instead of announcing his retirement right then and there.
On Cam's last fumble he could have and then held back diving on the ball to keep it for Carolina and that cost his team the ball. Lost a lot of respect on that play alone