BYU Players in Intl Pro Basketball Leagues

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU Players in Intl Pro Basketball Leagues

Post by byufan4ever »

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/3439/1/R ... s-and.html

Rashaun Broadus, MKS Dabrowa Gornicza (Poland-TBL)
Matt Carlino, Boulazac Basket Dordogne (France-ProB)
Brandon Davies, Openjobmetis Varese (Italy-Serie A)
Lee Cummard, Crelan Okapi Aalstar (Belgium-Scooore League)
Tyler Haws, Rio Natura Monbus Obradoiro CAB, (Spain-Liga Endesa)
Jonathan Tavernari, BCC Corvengenze Agropoli (Italy-Serie A2)
Agustin Ambrosino, Alianza Viedma (Argentina-TNA)
Last edited by byufan4ever on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Re: BYU Players in Pro Basketball Leagues

Post by byufan4ever »

Update:

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/3504/1/C ... ng-up.html

Charles Abouo, Al Khor (Qatar-D1) - On the season, he is averaging 30.3 points on 44.4 percent shooting with 10 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.7 steals in 41.3 minutes

Rashaun Broadus, MKS Dabrowa Gornicza (Poland-TBL) - On the season, he is averaging 12.7 points on 38.8 percent shooting with 4.3 assists and 2.9 rebounds in 31 minutes a night.

Matt Carlino, Boulazac Basket Dordogne (France-ProB) - On the season, he is averaging 14.6 points on 36.4 percent shooting from the floor with 3.6 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.4 steals in 28.4 minutes.

Lee Cummard, Crelan Okapi Aalstar (Belgium-Scooore League) - On the season, he is averaging 6.1 points on 52.6 percent shooting from the floor with 4.6 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 21.5 minutes.

Brandon Davies, Openjobmetis Varese (Italy-Serie A) - In nine games in Italy-Serie A, he is averaging 10.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.2 steals in 24.7 minutes. In six Europe Cup games, he is putting up 17.8 points on 61.3 percent shooting from the floor, including 53.3 percent from 3-point land and 88.5 percent from the free-throw line. He also manages 5.7 rebounds and 1.0 steals in 21.2 minutes.

Tyler Haws, Rio Natura Monbus Obradoiro CAB, (Spain-Liga Endesa) - On the season, he is averaging 9.0 points on 45.9 percent shooting from the floor, including 26.3 percent from 3-point land with 1.9 rebounds in 19.3 minutes.

Jonathan Tavernari, BCC Corvengenze Agropoli (Italy-Serie A2) - On the season, he is averaging 11.3 points on 35.8 percent shooting from the floor with 4.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 31.8 minutes.

Agustin Ambrosino, Alianza Viedma (Argentina-TNA) - On the season, he is averaging 6.6 points on 41.5 percent shooting from the floor to go along with 3.6 rebounds in 21.9 minutes a night.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Surprised by Haw's numbers so far. Pleasantly surprised by Abouo's.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

hawkwing wrote:Surprised by Haw's numbers so far. Pleasantly surprised by Abouo's.
I'm more suprised that Ambrosino is playing anywhere professionally

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

ABYUFAN wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Surprised by Haw's numbers so far. Pleasantly surprised by Abouo's.
I'm such a bad fan I don't even remember the guy!

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

hawkwing wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
Which actually tells you all that you need to know about the guy.

A stretch 4 who couldn't score, and couldn't rebound. I understood that he was good in practice, but was lousy on the floor shooting threes (or anywhere for that matter) and couldn't rebound at all.

My recollection (although I could be wrong) was that we were counting on him to fill in for Chris Collinsworth on one of Collinsworth's first serious injuries.

Here's his bio

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-basketb ... -ambrosino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

ABYUFAN wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
Which actually tells you all that you need to know about the guy.

A stretch 4 who couldn't score, and couldn't rebound. I understood that he was good in practice, but was lousy on the floor shooting threes (or anywhere for that matter) and couldn't rebound at all.

My recollection (although I could be wrong) was that we were counting on him to fill in for Chris Collinsworth on one of Collinsworth's first serious injuries.

Here's his bio

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-basketb ... -ambrosino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep, now I recall. I'm very surprised to learn he made a pro team somewhere.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

Could be wrong about his league but most pro leagues have a limited number of foreigners on the roster. So as an Argentine playing in Argentina he would have a real advantage.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

I always had a feeling that Abouo was capable of more than what we saw at BYU. Whether he underperformed offensively because of scheme or what I guess we'll never know for sure. Great defender though.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Another update:

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/3583/0/T ... shine.html

Charles Abouo, Al Khor (Qatar-D1) - On the season, he has played 16 games and is averaging 25 points on 40.4 percent shooting with 12.1 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 3.9 steals in 40.3 minutes.

Rashaun Broadus, MKS Dabrowa Gornicza (Poland-TBL) - On the season, he has played 20 games and is averaging 15.5 points on 43.2 percent shooting with 4.3 assists, 3.6 rebounds and 1.0 steals in 33.2 minutes.

Lee Cummard, Crelan Okapi Aalstar (Belgium-Scooore League) - On the season, he has played 14 games and is averaging 7.5 points on 47.4 percent shooting from the floor with 5.0 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.0 steals in 23.6 minutes.

Brandon Davies, Openjobmetis Varese (Italy-Serie A) - In 18 games in Italy-Serie A, he is averaging 11.7 points on 42.4 percent shooting from the floor with 5.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.0 steals in 24.9 minutes. In 12 Europe Cup games, he is averaging 16.6 points on 61.2 percent shooting from the floor, including 42.1 percent from 3-point range with 7.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 23.3 minutes.

Tyler Haws, Rio Natura Monbus Obradoiro CAB (Spain-Liga Endesa) - On the season, he has played 18 games and is averaging 8.2 points on 43.9 percent shooting from the floor and 86.7 percent shooting from the free-throw line to go along with 1.6 rebounds in 18.8 minutes.

Jonathan Tavernari, BCC Corvengenze Agropoli (Italy-Serie A2) - On the season, he has played 19 games and is averaging 11.4 points on 39.2 percent shooting from the floor with 4.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 30.7 minutes.

Agustin Ambrosino, Alianza Viedma (Argentina-TNA) - On the season, he has played 22 games and is averaging 5.6 points on 39.2 percent shooting from the floor with 3.8 rebounds in 20.4 minutes.

Trent Plaisted, Neptunas (Lithuania-LKL) - In five Lithuanian League games, he is averaging 6.0 points on 52.6 percent shooting with 3.6 rebounds in 14.6 minutes. In Four Eurocup games, he is averaging 1.8 points on 37.5 percent shooting with 3.0 rebounds in 12.3 minutes.

I noticed that Matt Carlino wasn't listed and Trent Plaisted now is...I guess Carlino left his team and joined the D-League.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/3541/3/M ... acker.html