Winning despite Anae's coaching

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Winning despite Anae's coaching

Post by Brayden Green »

Nebraska/Wisconsin . It's an honest mistake. So sue me. I post late at night, if ever anymore here. Thanks rasta, for doing the work. Do you notice how TDs decrease by A LOT in the second half? I noticed how you didn't touch that 3rd quarter comment from me. Same thing with yards, we regularly gain a lot of yards in the first half, and then barely any in the 3rd quarter once they make adjustments.
I'm talking about teams over .500, of course. Your stats don't filter out anyone above 6 wins. I think you'd see that the offense tells a different story to teams that don't have 5 letters in their university abbreviation. It gets worse with teams that have 8 wins, but I digress.

Guys, Anae is an okay coach, he doesnt deserve to get fired (at this point anyways, ill wait til we start playing good teams and see how he does). He also doesnt deserve to be put on an alter. He certainly isn't perfect, and he is well below average in some categories (like, protecting the quarterback against blitzes, for example. They apparently don't teach screens and quick slants against the blitz in Dr. school.)

Dr. Bob is good enough to beat anyone with a losing record, and - that's about it. Look at our marquee wins since he has been back, and tell me what they are.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

So, we've played 2 of the 4 best teams on a schedule that's been getting lots of national attention for being really strong, but those aren't "good teams?" Got it. :roll:

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:So, we've played 2 of the 4 best teams on a schedule that's been getting lots of national attention for being really strong, but those aren't "good teams?" Got it. :roll:

The season hasn't played itself out yet. Nebraska will have other losses ( I would imagine after watching them play, i haven't looked at their schedule.) BSU will lose again, even in the super sucky MWC conference. BSU has looked terrible their first two games. We'll see what they are really made of against UCLA (where we are 15 point dogs). Once again, we have a schedule that is shaping up to be quite a bit weaker in reality than it is actually on paper, but the only difference is that we are winning on lucky last second miracle plays instead of losing like the game was turning out.

I'm happy we are winning, but we shouldn't be sining the praises of our coaches from the rooftops. We were seconds away from losing against very winnable teams, and our defense has played well above expectations in both games. Who is there left to blame then for the near losses? You have to learn from your mistakes. The problem is, we have at least one coach that has proven that he doesn't do that in the past.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:So, we've played 2 of the 4 best teams on a schedule that's been getting lots of national attention for being really strong, but those aren't "good teams?" Got it. :roll:

The season hasn't played itself out yet. Nebraska will have other losses ( I would imagine after watching them play, i haven't looked at their schedule.) BSU will lose again, even in the super sucky MWC conference. BSU has looked terrible their first two games. We'll see what they are really made of against UCLA (where we are 15 point dogs). Once again, we have a schedule that is shaping up to be quite a bit weaker in reality than it is actually on paper, but the only difference is that we are winning on lucky last second miracle plays instead of losing like the game was turning out.

I'm happy we are winning, but we shouldn't be singing the praises of our coaches from the rooftops. We were seconds away from losing against very winnable teams, and our defense has played well above expectations in both games. Who is there left to blame then for the near losses? You have to learn from your mistakes. The problem is, we have at least one coach that has proven that he doesn't do that in the past.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I'm confused. Are you saying that BSU and Nebraska won't finish with winning records (because Anae only beats teams with losing records, according to you) so they're bad, or are you saying that they'll "lose again this season" meaning they'll have at least one more loss, which makes them bad because good teams only lose one or no games during the season?

The question is rhetorical, by the way, because either way, you'd be wrong.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:I'm confused. Are you saying that BSU and Nebraska won't finish with winning records (because Anae only beats teams with losing records, according to you) so they're bad, or are you saying that they'll "lose again this season" meaning they'll have at least one more loss, which makes them bad because good teams only lose one or no games during the season?

The question is rhetorical, by the way, because either way, you'd be wrong.
I'm saying, name some marquee wins under Robert Anae, all you Anae defenders.

(And, to answer your question, if you are claiming Nebraska and Boise State this year, they might not be as marquee as you think. The season hasn't played out, yet.)

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Off the top of my head, ranked Oklahoma, ranked TCU, 38-8 Oregon, ranked Utah, ranked Oregon St, 59-0 UCLA.

But nobody said that the wins this season were "marquee" or program changing, just that they're good wins.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Brayden Green wrote:

BSU will lose again, even in the super sucky MWC conference...
Who in the MW can beat Boise? I'll say it: Boise St won't lose another game this year.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:Off the top of my head, ranked Oklahoma, ranked TCU, 38-8 Oregon, ranked Utah, ranked Oregon St, 59-0 UCLA.

But nobody said that the wins this season were "marquee" or program changing, just that they're good wins.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, what you are saying is that we haven't had a marquee win since Anae... I agree.

Oklahoma - ranked in the preseason. Good win. Of course, they finished the season with a losing record... and then two games later we got beat by like 55 points by FSU at home, so that took some of the shine off of that win.

TCU # 17 in 2006. I guess I can give you that. They dropped out as soon as we beat them, and weren't ranked the rest of the year, but we beat them while they were ranked.

7 win - 6 loss Oregon. Back in 2006?

UCLA when they didn't even go bowling... etc.

You're getting desperate.

Wolverine
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Wolverine »

Brayden Green wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Off the top of my head, ranked Oklahoma, ranked TCU, 38-8 Oregon, ranked Utah, ranked Oregon St, 59-0 UCLA.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, what you are saying is that we haven't had a marquee win since Anae... I agree.

Oklahoma - ranked in the preseason. Good win. Of course, they finished the season with a losing record... and then two games later we got beat by like 55 points by FSU at home, so that took some of the shine off of that win.

TCU # 17 in 2006. I guess I can give you that. They dropped out as soon as we beat them, and weren't ranked the rest of the year, but we beat them while they were ranked.

7 win - 6 loss Oregon. Back in 2006?

UCLA when they didn't even go bowling... etc.

You're getting desperate.
Let's just call it a truce for the night and unite our efforts behind the Cougars and what some might (or might not) consider a marquee win should BYU pull this out tonight. Go Cougars!