New Restaurant in Boise

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
CougarPeasant
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

New Restaurant in Boise

Post by CougarPeasant »

Chadders opened their first restaurant in Boise. For those unfamiliar with them, they are an In N Out knockoff/wannabe.

It was my first experience ever in a Chadders. IT was clean, busy, and wholesome. Due to being so busy, my order took nearly 10 mins to prepare. Good thing they had a sports channel on so I could watch Baylor dismantle Texas.

When I placed my order, I asked for a double double animal style. The guy looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears. So I got it Stubby Style. :sick: Sorry, I don't have a degree in marketing, but calling anything "stubby" just doesn't inspire BETTER.

The food finally arrived and it was well made, tasty, and generous in portions. The stubby fries had a slice of cheese, with chopped onions and slathered with 1000 Island dressing. They were okay, but it will be the last time I ever order fries that way. The burger was well done and not over done. The meat was good, but lacked that certain something that sets In N Out apart from other fast food burger joints. It was definitely better than the standard burger joint quality.

Biggest disappointment: THE PRICE!!! $8 for a double double, stubby fries and med. drink. I could have gone to Carl's Jr right next door, or to Red Robin and paid $2 more for a better burger. Or to 5 Guys up the street for more options. Or to Boise Airport, fly to LA and go to a real In N Out.

Since there is no In N Out available in Boise, Chadders will do, but it's not the same.

Location is Miwaukee, south of Emerald in the Target parking lot.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: New Restaurant in Boise

Post by Mars »

CougarPeasant wrote: Since there is no In N Out available in Boise, Chadders will do, but it's not the same.
The BEST news- Where Chadders succeeds, In'N'Out follows and takes back the market.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars