Why Can't We Be Like The Pit?!?

BYU Cougars on the court.
benchwarmer
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Why Can't We Be Like The Pit?!?

Post by benchwarmer »

Lawboy wrote:I just want to point out that the crowd was so good, so into it, so loud, that players on the court could not even hear the whistle blown. UNM players talked about how the floor was shaking at times. Sorry, but that is an amazing crowd if you ask me. Maybe not perfect, but was amazing. It was LOUD. Reminded me of back in the late-80's when BYU played UTEP and Wyoming and other ranked teams in the MC. Back when BYU was still a great hoops school. Saturday was a great hoops day in Provo, except for the result.

By the way, if you want to be Like "The Pit", I pass. Loads of beer, drunkness and crewdness. And that is just the cheerleaders...HA!
I agree, it did get super loud at times and I definitely don't want to be the ACTUAL Pit :sick: , but the thing that bothered me the most is that we needed something like Mikey's dunk to get REALLLY loud. After something like that, the whole crowd yelled and screamed all during NM's possession,and it really had an impact.

I know I might be asking to much for the crowd to be that loud the whole game, but it would be awesome. But, maybe following after those Lobo cheerleaders is the only way that would happen. ;)

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

Exactly. There were maybe like three or four times where the crowd got super loud. But overall the game wasn't anywhere near as loud as even ten other games I've attended. It seems like when BYU is the underdog, that's when the fans get super loud. But when BYU is the supposed favorite then the crowd just expects them to win without any help. And obviously BYU should not have been the favorite, because they needed some noise and instead the crowd for 90% of the game just expected BYU to win without their help.

I know it's hard to stay loud the whole game especially when they use timeouts to try and quiet us down but come one people, at the very least we need to be creating some kind of noise whenever the opponent is on offense. Every time they are on offense. And crazy loud whenever they are closer than 5 points. Insanely loud when they are winning. Take a break when the Cougars are on offense for all I care just stay loud when they are on D.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Italics wrote:This will sound bigoted, but: It's a bunch of middle-aged to old mormons. Sucks, but that's just how it is. "Getting into the game" just isn't most of their thing.
I was noticing it on tv. some people were even sleeping. despite this our home record says a lot about how much support we get at home. while its different than the pitt hte results in the win column seem to be as good or better for playing in the marriott center.