Boise, your reputation precedes you.

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Boise, your reputation precedes you.

Post by snoscythe »

Following a near record 3-inches of snow here in Waco, TX yesterday, I got to hear an interesting opinion from the always colorful checker-outer-lady at WalMart.

Upset that WalMart made her drive to work in a half-inch of slush, she told me this:

Lafawnduh said
If if I wanted to live in some crap town AND get snowed on, I would have moved to Boise, Idaho.
Nice. The lady has never been west of Waco, nor North of Dallas, but she knows a good crap town in which to be snowed upon.

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Boise, your reputation precedes you.

Post by bigbluepuma »

Interesting. I grew up in Boise, and that may not be too accurate. Boise is a very clean town in a nice setting. It snows, but not a lot, and it seldom lasts long before melting off. A snow blower is a waste of time in Boise. The year after we moved there, when I was six or seven, it snowed seven inches, which was gone within 2 days. The next time we had that much (or anywhere near that much) snow, was when I was home from college for Christmas in my early to mid twenties.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Boise actually has the look and feel of a slightly smaller Salt Lake City. Very clean, but kind of a happening college town too. I like it. Yet I don't like SLC...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Is this the same Lafawnduh who came to Idaho to marry Kip?

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

CougarClaw wrote:Is this the same Lafawnduh who came to Idaho to marry Kip?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

bigbluepuma wrote:Interesting. I grew up in Boise, and that may not be too accurate. Boise is a very clean town in a nice setting. It snows, but not a lot, and it seldom lasts long before melting off. A snow blower is a waste of time in Boise. The year after we moved there, when I was six or seven, it snowed seven inches, which was gone within 2 days. The next time we had that much (or anywhere near that much) snow, was when I was home from college for Christmas in my early to mid twenties.
Boise is quite nice for a bigger city, but you have to realize that it's like the little brother of all the other cities, so we get to pick on it! :crazy:

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

Schmoe wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:Interesting. I grew up in Boise, and that may not be too accurate. Boise is a very clean town in a nice setting. It snows, but not a lot, and it seldom lasts long before melting off. A snow blower is a waste of time in Boise. The year after we moved there, when I was six or seven, it snowed seven inches, which was gone within 2 days. The next time we had that much (or anywhere near that much) snow, was when I was home from college for Christmas in my early to mid twenties.
Boise is quite nice for a bigger city, but you have to realize that it's like the little brother of all the other cities, so we get to pick on it! :crazy:
An interesting note; Boise is known as the small town that got big. In other words, it still has a small town feel. I guess that makes it "little brother," and I am more than happy to pick on MY little brother's team. :evil: :crazy: