Peggers Cut Max Hall

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Peggers Cut Max Hall

Post by Cougarbib »

Winnipeg released Hall and a bunch of other players Saturday. He had been listed as the back-up QB as recently as a week ago.

Bottom Line:
Nutshell:
Word:

Interceptions.

Hall was plagued by interceptions at Arizona and now at Winnipeg. At BYU, vs MWC defenders, Hall was known for trying to thread the needle in very tight coverage. It worked in high school. It worked most of the time in the MWC. Speed of defenders at places like Utah or P5 Powers slowed him down a bit. Those defenders close quickly. In professional football everyone is fast. It will be interesting to see if Max tries to find another place to hang his cleats - If you have not read the book, "Playing For Pizza" read it now. Italian league loves former NFL QBs - even mediocre to bad ones. It does not pay much - but all you can eat pizza for free is part of the package.

Coaching?

Motivational Speaker - I hate............

I always liked Max Hall. Great BYU QB. I wish him the best.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.