Recruiting weekend

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Recruiting weekend

Post by Lawboy »

I agree with jonny. I think Mama is a kid who like the trappings of the big-time, so he will pick USC. But I also think that Leiataua will end up at BYU. He will be the late surprise. He loves BYU, and is a fan, and he knows it is where he wants to go.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Mama has indicated that the value of alumni networking is something he is heavily considering. This is an area where BYU and 90% or more of universities cannot come close to Stanford, USC, and a handful of other programs. It means a ton of money outside of NFL earnings.

OTOH, BYU offers something money cannot buy and that you cannot match anywhere else.

Tough choice for a young man that wants to make a life-time living from a game most only get to play a few years. Lifetime legacy v a lye at USC is huge - unless he becomes just another 5 star recruit that did well but did not stand out amongst the other 5 star recruits.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

jonnylingo wrote:the loyal cougars articles states that other recruits have stated that they would be surprised if Leiataua didn't come to byu. he was very into the game at byu. he has also stated that is it crazy for him to pass up a one time opportunity at an eduction like stanford to go somewhere where he is most comfortable.

byu has done a good job, as good as they can with him. he is most comfortable at BYU but is afraid to give up a free education to Stanford. I would struggle with that as well. still for undergrad i would always pick byu.

mama wont come. i will be shocked. i think that he goes bama even though most think usc.
I thought Mama tweeted that he had eliminated 'Bama.......??

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

beauso79 wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:the loyal cougars articles states that other recruits have stated that they would be surprised if Leiataua didn't come to byu. he was very into the game at byu. he has also stated that is it crazy for him to pass up a one time opportunity at an eduction like stanford to go somewhere where he is most comfortable.

byu has done a good job, as good as they can with him. he is most comfortable at BYU but is afraid to give up a free education to Stanford. I would struggle with that as well. still for undergrad i would always pick byu.

mama wont come. i will be shocked. i think that he goes bama even though most think usc.
He eliminated UCLA. Did not hear that about Bama.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

beauso79 wrote:

I can't remember where I read it but i heard the same thing, that bama was not completely in the race. that is just my pick given the tweets that i read.

if byu lands him then nobody can criticize anae anymore. I certainly wont.

byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byucougar1 »

Lost in the conversation is that Mama has shed some serious weight in order to increase his stamina and play a fast paced game - neither USC nor AL fit this style of play. USC is still unproven as to how well they will perform in upcoming years - they have been middle of the pack recently due to scholarship limitations and quirky coaching. Great tradition and good weather - crummy location compared to UCLA and Stanford. BYU has better track record in integrating players with mission plans coming out of HS - it's s lot closer than it appears.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

newest tweet
Uriah Leiataua

Is the smart decision always the right decision
He is really struggling. seems as though he is convinced the smart decision stanford but the 'right' decision is byu. i think he is looking at it wrong though. If the "right" decision means he feels the Holy Ghost is confirming that it is right then that is both the "right" decision and the "smart" decision. God knows all. He wouldn't lead astray. Sorry for those non lds fans here for the moment of religious talk.

I also think he shouldn't be asking twitter advice though :) hopefully he has someone smart he can talk to and that he will feel good about his decision, whatever it is. Twitter is probably not the best place to ask that question though. not with a bunch of rabid fans following his every move.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

He should talk to me, well his Bishop.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

scott715 wrote:He should talk to me, well his Bishop.
You are his bishop?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Aren't there some weight requirements now for missions? Maybe shedding lbs for the mission?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!