Great Idaho Potato Humanitarian Bowl Report

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Great Idaho Potato Humanitarian Bowl Report

Post by BoiseBYU »

Your faithful correspondent, decked out in BYU regalia, attended the game, mostly because he got a free ticket and he was quite bored. Here's the report.

First observation is that having snowed the previous night it was freaking cold. So Buffalo was right at home. SDSU not so much. In fact, I'm pretty sure the players were thinking, we beat BSU, have a winning record, and this is our reward?

The half naked Aztec mascot was thinking that even more...

Your correspeondent can read lips and during the game SDSU coach Long was seen complaining about the age advantage BYU has in sending its players on mission. When it was pointed out he's not playing BYU, he froze for a moment, rebooted, and said it was still unfair.

Aztec mascot blows a sea shell when SDSU scores. I did not know the Aztec empire was down by the ocean! I thought it was around Mexico City! So I learned something. That said, if you're going to blow a sea shell, can't they get a bigger one to blow? It blew a high C.

The announced attendance was 21,000. From this I can deduct that the bowl promoters should fire their accountants. There were less than half that at the game. There were more Buffalo (woof!) cheerleaders than Buffalo fans at the game.

Buffalo has a really good LB and so SDSU ran away from him the whole game (well at least the half I saw) so I never actually saw him make a tackle. Sort of like another LB I know.....

Buffalo had like 40 yards the first half. SDSU 250. Jake Heaps would start at Buffalo. That's how bad Buffalo's QB is. I'm pretty sure SDSU dared him to the complete a pass by playing 8 men on the line and having the other 3 take a knee.

It got cold after the sun set, and SDSU was dominating, so your correspondent left at half. I'm not sure of the final score, but I bet SDSU poured it on because while I was journeying to my car, I heard this high pitch high C note wafting through the frozen sky...

Cheers!! Merry Christmas