BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

ridiculous

Post by BroncoBot »

From Greg W.

"Dave Rose tells us in postgame interview that Eric Mika is headed to the hospital for a scan on his injured eye/orbital area."

I wouldn't mind seeing that thug watch about 5 games after that stupid act. Putting someone's vision on the line is unacceptable.

Where's Bronson to kick some corn fed #%^ when we need him.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: ridiculous

Post by Cougs_Rule »

BroncoBot wrote:From Greg W.

"Dave Rose tells us in postgame interview that Eric Mika is headed to the hospital for a scan on his injured eye/orbital area."

I wouldn't mind seeing that thug watch about 5 games after that stupid act. Putting someone's vision on the line is unacceptable.
Amen! Let's see if the NCAA has any backbone!

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Iowa was classless, between grabbing Mika's face, pretending to be hit in the face and giving BYU students the bird, I have no respect for them. I don't care that it's better for BYU they win out, I hope they lose every game the rest of season.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Gunk wrote:Iowa was classless, between grabbing Mika's face, pretending to be hit in the face and giving BYU students the bird, I have no respect for them. I don't care that it's better for BYU they win out, I hope they lose every game the rest of season.
Hate to agree with you, but they were about as classless as they come.

JayhawkCoug
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by JayhawkCoug »

I started hating ISU last year when KU owned them at their house and their fans were the sorest losers I have ever seen. One fan (a middle aged booster, even) tried to rush the court to assault Bill Self post game. The game today reaffirmed my dislike with their bush league play. The cheap foul to Mika, and flipping the bird to the student section, are two huge douche bag moves. I cannot wait for KU to roll them and shut their fan base up.

drewthehoop
Gray Shirt

Post by drewthehoop »

Heres a screen shot of the foul. Clearly did not go for the ball. In the replay you can see that the ball was never even above his waist, so there as absolutely no play on the ball.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 2.39.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 2.39.33 AM.png (281.59 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.

This would be a rule for all sports.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

SpiffCoug wrote:Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.

I have to disagree ( see my post on the other thread). I think the player delivering a focused attack with intent to injure should be suspended for as long as the potential injury to the victim.

From comments on this thread, I see that the problem is systemic, which validates my assertions on the other thread. (Mika eye injury update thread)

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

bigbluepuma wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Yep, just a complete thug move. I wish in cases like this, where a opponent deliberately injures another player - that player is suspended for as long as the the injured player is out.

I have to disagree ( see my post on the other thread). I think the player delivering a focused attack with intent to injure should be suspended for as long as the potential injury to the victim.

From comments on this thread, I see that the problem is systemic, which validates my assertions on the other thread. (Mika eye injury update thread)
I'm not sure I see where you disagree. I think we're on the same page. You deliberately injure an opponent, you don't return until they do.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:

I'm not sure I see where you disagree. I think we're on the same page. You deliberately injure an opponent, you don't return until they do.
I think his distinction is that, if the injured player makes a miraculous recovery and comes back from a 4-week injury a week early, bigbluepuma doesn't think the attacker should get to come back a week early as well.

I agree with bigbluepuma, but I think it's an unworkable punishment as every prognosis would be challenged and appealed and contested by a battery of doctors who would argue for shorter recovery periods.