BYU Cougars on the court.
FurriousCougar
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Latest Bracketology Seed

Post by FurriousCougar »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

I'm really not gonna complain, only a drop of one. Actually, I'm pretty happy with this, and fair too. Even if you apply the -2 rule, that puts at a 6 seed, and I think that rule will be less harsh the higher you get up. For example, if we were hypothetically looking like a legit 1 seed, it'd be awfully hard for them to throw us a 3. However, 6 to 8, they can get away with that.

So anyway, we are a 4 now, and I truly think we win out, at least the regular season, from this point. So I still believe we will get a great seed this year. If we win out, 5 is the worst seed I see us getting - and I doubt that sincerely.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: Latest Bracketology Seed

Post by SpiffCoug »

I just want to make it to the SLC regional. I'll take my chances if we're a 6 and have to beat a 3 to make the Sweet 16 if it means we go to SLC if we win. Get us to SLC and I'll like our chances to make a DEEP run.

I'm with you, if we can win out and win the UNLV Inviational - I mean MWCTournament - we'll be at least a 5 seed if not a 4.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by clemdiggitydog1 »

Hey i like this thinking,best way to get to the sweet 16 and beyond is in the West Regional going thru SLC:gotta play somewhere else to get to that point and i lke San Jose for the first weekend,but not heading for east regional from there as per Lunardi's current pick.will the games in SLC be on the hill or at ESA,anyone know?traditionally they've been in the Huntsman,but not sure this time.

CannonCougar85
All-American

Post by CannonCougar85 »

clemdiggitydog1 wrote:Hey i like this thinking,best way to get to the sweet 16 and beyond is in the West Regional going thru SLC:gotta play somewhere else to get to that point and i lke San Jose for the first weekend,but not heading for east regional from there as per Lunardi's current pick.will the games in SLC be on the hill or at ESA,anyone know?traditionally they've been in the Huntsman,but not sure this time.
According to NCAA.com the games will be played at Energy Solutions Arena.
http://www.ncaa.com/champ/m-baskbl-d1-champ.html

Personally I just want to win 1 game in the tourney. Just 1. If we do that then I will start thinking about how deep we can go. In my bracket I always put BYU winning a game or 2 and it's never worked out for me. Maybe this year I'll put them losing the first game and they'll make a deep run.
Head vs Heart... :P

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt

thanks for the research,better venue,bigger crowds possible,doesn't smell like Yewt.I like it.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

I'd put us at a 5 or 6 right now. Our record v. top 25 is 1-2 this year. Glossy overall record, but not much meat to it as the pre-MWC teams we beat really stink this year. If we want a 4 seed or better, we MUST 1) win out, then 2)win the MWC tourney. Which means winning in Las Vegas, something Coach Rose has yet to do. If we win out, then lose to Vegas in the conf finale, I say we get a 5.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Lawboy wrote: Glossy overall record, but not much meat to it as the pre-MWC teams we beat really stink this year.
I wouldn't go that far...

Weber State - RPI 82, won by 17
Arizona State - RPI 75, won by 13
Nevada (played in Nevada) - RPI 78, won by 6
@ Arizona - RPI 69, won by 30
@ UTEP - RPI 58, won by 6 without Fredette
http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_305_Men.html

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Weber State, Arizona or ASU, Nevada, and UTEP win their conference tournaments and play in the Big Dance.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

I am not expecting us to win out. We are coming into a slump. the TCU game (despite us killing them) was not pretty and while i give a ton of credit to unlv for just playing the game of their life we didn't look good there either.

Unless we kind of get our groove back, I don't think we will win out. I sure hope so but i wouldn't put my money on it at this point.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

jonnylingo wrote:I am not expecting us to win out. We are coming into a slump. the TCU game (despite us killing them) was not pretty and while i give a ton of credit to unlv for just playing the game of their life we didn't look good there either. Unless we kind of get our groove back, I don't think we will win out. I sure hope so but i wouldn't put my money on it at this point.
A loss @ UNLV has never hurt BYU's momentum in February before, and I don't think it will this year either.

Who do you think we lose to? New Mexico in Provo?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt

Mars wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:I am not expecting us to win out. We are coming into a slump. the TCU game (despite us killing them) was not pretty and while i give a ton of credit to unlv for just playing the game of their life we didn't look good there either. Unless we kind of get our groove back, I don't think we will win out. I sure hope so but i wouldn't put my money on it at this point.
A loss @ UNLV has never hurt BYU's momentum in February before, and I don't think it will this year either.

Who do you think we lose to? New Mexico in Provo?We do still have the Yewts up on the hill,and they did something we could not,win at Vegas.yes they're schizophrenic,and therefore capable of losing to us big in the Huntsman if they've completely packed it in,or giving us a very tough game,but no I don't think we lose again in the regular season.Unfortunately i don't see us winning in the T&M more than once,and doubt we win the conference tourney.Just my opinion.Wish it wasn't.