byu #12 in AP

BYU Cougars on the court.
BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: byu #12 in AP

Post by BigCougsFan »

clemdiggitydog1 wrote:Honestly don't mean to be a wet blanket,but on the other hand we've got Gonzaga 1 spot below us at #13 after loosing to the mighty Dons by 20+ points,a team we took behind the shed by 26,and then in both polls we are behind four 3 loss teams,and three 4 loss teams.Fact is, that we are never gonna get the respect that we deserve until we make a tourney run,regardless of how gaudy our regular season record is.It's kind of a glass half- empty or glass half- full deal,because the perception can be what you make it.
Rain drops keep falling on my head, keep falling on my head...

Come on dude! Let's see some positive comments out of ya! Lately they seem kinda... Blah :skeptic:

mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

+1 Kjjson. Losing to NM gets them high in the polls the rest of the season. They'll stay top 15 along with us til the end. UNLV will be top 20 before it's all said and done as well. It hurt when it happened, but from what I saw, we are definitely a better team than UNM...they just played really well that night.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

BYU is getting a ton of respect from the pollsters, but they've earned it. UNM has now defeated 4 ranked teams at home this year, so they are a good team, especially in the pit.

I like the 3 seed in bracketology. The more one thing I didn't like about this week was that Lunardi moved them out of the SLC bracket. If BYU gets the same respect from the selection committee with a 3 seed (we'll see), and they get put in the SLC bracket, they may go to the elite 8, and maybe even the final 4.

There are only a couple teams that have been to the tournament more times than BYU and not made the final 4. (For awhile BYU was the leader of this pack, but then they didn't make the tourney for a number of years while, I want to say Missouri, had.)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

stuckinbig10country wrote:BYU is getting a ton of respect from the pollsters, but they've earned it. UNM has now defeated 4 ranked teams at home this year, so they are a good team, especially in the pit. I like the 3 seed in bracketology.
I still think the seeding should be AUTOMATIC based on RPI, to take the committee bias out of it. But that's just my reason and logic speaking.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Yes I would like to know afterwards what the committiee was smoking, eh I mean what rpi report they were looking at.