Expanded Tourney

BYU Cougars on the court.
CougarPeasant
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Expanded Tourney

Post by CougarPeasant »

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and he said that if they expand to 96 teams then coaches should keep their job only if they make it to the tourney. :D

Personally, I think there are too many teams in now. There should only be 32. Or they should limit how many teams can be from the same conference. Perhaps 2-3 at most. The regular season champ and the conference tourney champ.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

The reason the tourney wants to expand is so the big conferences (the BCS confs) can have more entrants. They already get the lions share of at large bids, and they're going to get even more. I fully believe the Big East will get a tenth or 11th team before the MWC would get a fourth team.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
CannonCougar85
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CannonCougar85 »

kitic77 wrote:The reason the tourney wants to expand is so the big conferences (the BCS confs) can have more entrants. They already get the lions share of at large bids, and they're going to get even more. I fully believe the Big East will get a tenth or 11th team before the MWC would get a fourth team.

Very true. If they go to 96 then we will start seeing teams with sub .500 conference winning percentages making the tourney just because they play in the Big East or the ACC. I don't like it.

Why not eliminate the regular season and conferences all together? Just have one huge tourney with all 347 teams. Have seeding based off of last years tournament results. Have some pre-tourney games that don't count just so that some teams can play in more then one game before getting eliminated.
;)

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

CannonCougar85 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:The reason the tourney wants to expand is so the big conferences (the BCS confs) can have more entrants. They already get the lions share of at large bids, and they're going to get even more. I fully believe the Big East will get a tenth or 11th team before the MWC would get a fourth team.

Very true. If they go to 96 then we will start seeing teams with sub .500 conference winning percentages making the tourney just because they play in the Big East or the ACC. I don't like it.

Why not eliminate the regular season and conferences all together? Just have one huge tourney with all 347 teams. Have seeding based off of last years tournament results. Have some pre-tourney games that don't count just so that some teams can play in more then one game before getting eliminated.
;)
That would actually be pretty fun.