Color/brand of basketball shoes?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Color/brand of basketball shoes?

Post by ABYUFAN »

My current basketball shoes are over 2 years old, and while in my college days, I would have considered that a sin to have the shoes that long, now, they only get used once a week so I've only used them about a hundred times. Anyway it is time to replace them. I am currently thinking of replacing my traditional white / Navy hoops shoes with black ones (because I literally have never had black basketball shoes, it's always been white/Navy - for obvious reasons)

Does anybody here put much thought into their hoops shoes or do you all just go to Big 5 and get what's on sale?

Also does the fact that BYU is a Nike School and Utah an Adidas (at least for basketball) school factor into your decision?

Thanks

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Color/brand of basketball shoes?

Post by snoscythe »

Adidas are the only ones that don't make my arches ache. I like the white....gives me an excuse to replace them sooner as they get dingy.

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Color/brand of basketball shoes?

Post by Schmoe »

I haven't bought basketball shoes since high school, I just use my running shoes for most athletic activity (not the best thing to do, I know). But you can find some good reviews and great prices (depending on size and color) on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... ll&x=0&y=0

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,