Taysom Hill injured?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Taysom Hill injured?

Post by vancouvercougar »

I thought that at the point Hill injured himself we still needed a first down to run out the clock. a pass would be dangerous--2 bad things can happen and the clock stops without a USU timeout. To run it when we should be tatking a knee is stupid, but we weren't there yet.

Dwight
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Dwight »

This does not appear to me to be a serious injury. In Canada they don't even x-ray an ankle sprain if you can bear weight on it. However, I'm wondering how wise it is to run the QB as many times as they do. Hard to defend, but good way to bang up a good QB.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I'm going to wait and see something definitive. However, I have been calling this all week. The qb run first offense should be a side dish not the main dish.

WHO'S NEXT? Cause Riley will let about all of one quarter. Better get Lark some reps this week. Stupid is is stupid does.

fifthqb
BLUEshirt

Post by fifthqb »

The current play calling for our QB's is not sustainable. Asking them to take too much of a beating. Having a running QB doesn't mean you have to use him as a battering ram.

Riley will be back to start this week.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Other than our OL, no other player takes more of a beating than a Doman QB.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Mingjai
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mingjai »

So frustrating! I wonder if the surgery scheduled for Tuesday is true like the x-rays were...

Dwight
Freshman

Post by Dwight »

I can clearly see that he is a bit hurt when he gets up. But he jumps up and runs a few steps. It looks like he gets hit from the side and that could take out a collateral ligament, but again he seemed to jump right up and run on it. X-rays would only diagnose a fracture or dislocation. Did he have an MRI today? If he didn't, I would think this is a story fabricated to get people reading articles.

But again, it doesn't seem smart to run a QB that much. Not even Jake (always injured) Locker got used in that way. And there was a reason UW always sucked even with such a fast QB. At some point you have to be a pass threat.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Even Jay Drew's article doesn't seem 100% for sure but it's obvious Hill won't be starting next week. Doman looks like a total jackyewt.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/55 ... e.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a fitting tweet...

Doman. No experience. No success. 2 hurt QBs. 1 transfer. No offense. Enough.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Gunk wrote:Other than our OL, no other player takes more of a beating than a Doman QB.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
And while I would liken the Oline beating to a Bar fight Braul, I would liken a running qb to running into and getting hit by a car going 20 miles per hour--it's only a matter of time.

I see Jeff call maybe calling it a season ending injury. What the freak? I don't want to hear its "a part of the game" crap Out of some of you. That's BS and you know it. The statistical likelihood of an injury to a running qb is much higher than a passing qb or even a RB.

Ou want to talk about Bronco's arrogance, start the thread back up again. It's either arrogance or ignorance, but once Riley goes down within me quarter vs OSU, better get Lark a lot of reps and Ammon Olsen some as well. Ou want a disaster, bring out immobile Munns and the D will absolutely have to score a TD.
I thought Bronco has a real problem on his hands via a QB Contro. He's got bigger problems than that. :angry: :angry: :angry:

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director