An observation....

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

An observation....

Post by snoscythe »

....epidurals are the greatest thing ever. This is my round-about-way of announcing the birth of our third (second girl) this afternoon. The wife got her epidural, and a little over half-an-hour later, she was snoring her way through "labor" and I watched a few hours of ESPN and read 120+ pages of Arguing with Idiots during the "ordeal."

I love my kids, and I love my wife, but I want to adopt whoever developed the epidural (and I'm sure the wife agrees).

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: An observation....

Post by hawkwing »

Congratulations, if you'd like to give her a middle name of CougarCorner I would understand and be honored! ;)

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I agree, my wife couldn't have been happier to get her epidural, it's probably the only reason she's willing to have more kids.

Congrats to you on your newborn and on reading some good stuff, I've been meaning to get my hands on "Arguing" for a while now.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Yep, the guy who invented the epidural is going to get a big handshake, pat on the back and a thank you when I meet him in the next life. I'll say, "Sir, you've done good." There are a couple of people I want to do this to. Another is guy who invented soft-serve ice cream.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

kitic77 wrote:Yep, the guy who invented the epidural is going to get a big handshake, pat on the back and a thank you when I meet him in the next life. I'll say, "Sir, you've done good." There are a couple of people I want to do this to. Another is guy who invented soft-serve ice cream.
While yet others are going to get a big handshake and a punch right in the mouth...

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
CougarPeasant
All-American

Post by CougarPeasant »

hawkwing wrote:Congratulations, if you'd like to give her a middle name of CougarCorner I would understand and be honored! ;)
How about CiCi, for short?

sno- congratulations to you that the family. Nice to have another soldier in the fight against :utard:ness.

Metal Bubba
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Metal Bubba »

Congrats dude.

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

One of the greatest experiences in life. Even better if you don't have to watch your sweetheart suffer for hours. Congrats, Sno.

BTW, when my first babies were born (a while back), they would run me out of the labor room every time they came in to check her dialation :roll:. I guess they thought I wouldn't know what they were doing??? ;) :lol: :lol: Nowadays, the whole gang can be in there. just don't look!

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

snoscythe wrote:....epidurals are the greatest thing ever. This is my round-about-way of announcing the birth of our third (second girl) this afternoon. The wife got her epidural, and a little over half-an-hour later, she was snoring her way through "labor" and I watched a few hours of ESPN and read 120+ pages of Arguing with Idiots during the "ordeal."

I love my kids, and I love my wife, but I want to adopt whoever developed the epidural (and I'm sure the wife agrees).
Congrats, Arguing with Idiots, is such a good book.