Watching the Michigan St/Boise St game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Watching the Michigan St/Boise St game

Post by KingCoug »

Like I've been saying, Boise State is not going to be a pushover, despite so many new players. Any BYU fan who thinks we're going to go up there and just dominate hasn't been paying attention or is in denial. Boise State's strength is the built in system Petersen has created, which helps him to reload rather than rebuild. And few, if any, are better than he is at X's and O's. His teams never quit and they usually seem to find a way.

I'm not saying we can't win. We can. But it's going to be a very, very tough game. Especially considering we have a short week after playing Utah and they play Miami (OH). And we have to play up there where they've lost once in 6 years.

Don't kid yourselves. Our guys better strap it on for this game.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Y 4 Ever
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Watching the Michigan St/Boise St game

Post by Y 4 Ever »

So do you think that msu's d is better than ours? A lot better?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Y 4 Ever wrote:So do you think that msu's d is better than ours? A lot better?

No, I think our D is a match for their's. Maybe better. I worry about Petersen's superior X's and O's. Plus the home/away factor. Plus relative difficulty of games the week before.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

KingCoug wrote:

No, I think our D is a match for their's. Maybe better. I worry about Petersen's superior X's and O's. Plus the home/away factor. Plus relative difficulty of games the week before.
I haven't been impressed by bsu. The msu rb has outgained the entire bsu o.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

No, they won't be a pushover, but this game is VERY sloppy, neither their O nor D has been particularly impressive. They should be thankful that MSU receivers have a hard time catching and holding onto passes.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

By the way, apologies to scott715 for duplicating his thread on the Boise State/Michigan State game. Maybe the two can be merged?

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Short_Change »

Has anyone actually watched the whole game? By the looks of the box score it looks like BSU is extremely fortunate to be in this game. It doesn't sound like Peterson's X's and O's have been that big of a deal, but turnovers are the main story.

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

Short_Change wrote:Has anyone actually watched the whole game? By the looks of the box score it looks like BSU is extremely fortunate to be in this game. It doesn't sound like Peterson's X's and O's have been that big of a deal, but turnovers are the main story.

Ive watched almost the whole game. MSU has completely dominated, but keeps turning the ball over. BSU shouldn't be within 3 scores of MSU right now. The MSU RB has physically dominated the BSU D, and has outgained the entire BSU O by himself.

BSU just isn't that good folks.

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

KingCoug wrote:

So if their D is a match for our D, then you just saw that Petersen's superior x's and o's won't help them much. BSU fails to score an offensive TD. Sounds kind of familiar.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Y 4 Ever wrote:Ive watched almost the whole game. MSU has completely dominated, but keeps turning the ball over. BSU shouldn't be within 3 scores of MSU right now. The MSU RB has physically dominated the BSU D, and has outgained the entire BSU O by himself.

BSU just isn't that good folks.
Whether they "should" or "shouldn't," they are. And they're playing away against a solid Michigan State team.

Nobody is saying this is the same caliber Boise State team of recent years. They're vulnerable. However, when you take all the factors into account, BYU fans shouldn't expect a walk in the park. Expect a tough game, folks.