Tyler Haws

BYU Cougars on the court.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Tyler Haws

Post by frdbtr »

Is this kid really a freshman? I think we are seeing the best BB player come through BYU in 30 years. He may make us all forget about Danny ainge and Devin Durrant. Oh, and he may not be as good as Kyle Collinsworth too. :love:

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Tyler Haws

Post by Mars »

I don't know if he'll be a better senior than Fredette, but Wrubell was calling him "Jimmer Jr." against UTEP...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

He's the IceMan

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

frdbtr wrote:Is this kid really a freshman? I think we are seeing the best BB player come through BYU in 30 years. He may make us all forget about Danny ainge and Devin Durrant. Oh, and he may not be as good as Kyle Collinsworth too. :love:

I think KC will be very very good (and potentially a better get that Haws down the road), but I have a hard time believing that he'll have the maturity (physical and mental) that Haws possesses as a true freshman.

bball
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by bball »

In the last few minutes of the game against UTEP, I became very nervous because we were missing free throws, making some, but missing too many. Loyd missed both of his, and we weren't getting any good looks at the basket. But Haws makes all his free throws, nothing but net, just steps up, does his routine and swish, swish. Then, on the other end, he keeps getting rebounds--eleven for the game! And the two open looks he gets in the last few minutes?? he just pulls up and hits them. Yes, this kid can play and he is going to be something special. Jimmer was not this good as a freshman, and I don't know if Ainge was either.

And we owe this win to Haws and Davies, two freshmen. Now I am impressed, when freshmen are winning games for us, this is very, very big.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

bball wrote:In the last few minutes of the game against UTEP, I became very nervous because we were missing free throws, making some, but missing too many. Loyd missed both of his, and we weren't getting any good looks at the basket. But Haws makes all his free throws, nothing but net, just steps up, does his routine and swish, swish. Then, on the other end, he keeps getting rebounds--eleven for the game! And the two open looks he gets in the past few minutes?? he just pulls up and hits them. Yes, this kid can play and he is going to be something special. Jimmer was not this good as a freshman, and I don't know if Ainge was either.

And we owe this win to Haws and Davies, two freshmen. Now I am impressed, when freshmen are winning games for us, this is very, very big.
I believe Haws made 24 of 24 free throws in a high school game. I'll go check for that box score.

JamieVallen
Sophomore

Post by JamieVallen »

I do agree that Haws is a dang good freshman, but on the other side he still makes a lot of stupid little freshman mistakes. I noticed those little things a lot more in the game last night than most nights. Also I say Davies needs more minutes, because he also makes a ton of stupid little freshman mistakes but will get better as time goes on, and already plays at about the level of Miles. So why not play him more, kind of like last night?

clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by clemdiggitydog1 »

Hard to say who's better btwn. him and Ainge just yet.nevertheless it might not be too early to begin clearing out a trophy case all for him in Legacy Hall.He's gonna need it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

jmvcougar wrote:I do agree that Haws is a dang good freshman, but on the other side he still makes a lot of stupid little freshman mistakes. I noticed those little things a lot more in the game last night than most nights. Also I say Davies needs more minutes, because he also makes a ton of stupid little freshman mistakes but will get better as time goes on, and already plays at about the level of Miles. So why not play him more, kind of like last night?

Davies should be starting by the middle of conference play. It won't happen, but it should. Miles has improved his touch for sure and is a much better scorer than he was a year ago. The difference is that he's a bigger body and plays better defense, which is why he currently gets the nod...but I really like the idea of a Davies/Hartsock frontcourt.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Davies will be great. He still is noticeably lacking on D and in size, but is improving quickly. I'm glad Miles has been a bit more solid lately, I think the combo of Miles and Davies is a good one as the season progresses.