Blood Runs Blue's Take on the Heaps Transfer:

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Blood Runs Blue's Take on the Heaps Transfer:

Post by SpiffCoug »

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Re: Blood Runs Blue's Take on the Heaps Transfer:

Post by scott715 »

I am wondering now that it has been a few days if he is having some regrets over his decision?

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Personally - I would hope so. It's not too late for Jake to re-think, and decide to stay. I think both Bronco & Brandon would welcome Jake back with open arms. But, I think they would have a "heart to heart" man talk & lay down the law. Jake would have to man up & accept the hard work in his future - including a possible redshirt. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

Ddawg wrote:Personally - I would hope so. It's not too late for Jake to re-think, and decide to stay. I think both Bronco & Brandon would welcome Jake back with open arms. But, I think they would have a "heart to heart" man talk & lay down the law. Jake would have to man up & accept the hard work in his future - including a possible redshirt. Who knows, stranger things have happened.
If that were to happen, then the redshirt would have to effectively start now, without Heaps being involved in the Bowl game in any way shape or form.

But since it won't happen, I'm not going to speculate any further. Heaps is gone, and he aint coming back.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Ungoy wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Personally - I would hope so. It's not too late for Jake to re-think, and decide to stay. I think both Bronco & Brandon would welcome Jake back with open arms. But, I think they would have a "heart to heart" man talk & lay down the law. Jake would have to man up & accept the hard work in his future - including a possible redshirt. Who knows, stranger things have happened.
If that were to happen, then the redshirt would have to effectively start now, without Heaps being involved in the Bowl game in any way shape or form.

But since it won't happen, I'm not going to speculate any further. Heaps is gone, and he aint coming back.
I think that's 99% true. I think there is that small 1% chance Jake would re-consider. After he looks @ the landscape, losing a year of eligibility, and realizing he won't be anointed but has to fight for a starting job in a school where he has no friends. I think there is still a small chance.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

IF Jake were to come to Bronco and say he made a mistake and wants to be a part of the program again, I wouldn't put it past Bronco to accept it, but with stipulations.

And I bet one of those stipulations would be similar to OC: You can rejoin the team in a year - but you're paying your own way until then. I bet Jake wouldn't be on scholarship while he "redshirted."

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Y4LYFE
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Y4LYFE »

He'll transfer back, sit out his jr year, and in his senior year be 3rd string for Hill and Mangum.

Hair Thompson on MWC Financial Woes: “It cannot continue as it is”
-July 27
Smartest thing that moron has ever said.
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

we could use another ball boy to get the Field goal balls off the all-state net.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

scott715 wrote:I am wondering now that it has been a few days if he is having some regrets over his decision?
i doubt it. things were too bad for him to stay. it was not a good situation for him or for the team.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

He isn't coming back. You don't publicly announce you are leaving and then have a change of heart. Even if you start rethinking your decision you have too much pride to come back. Jake is gone.